DVC Grand Floridian

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by ljcastro18, Mar 14, 2012.

1. ljcastro18

ljcastro18 Earning My Ears

:confused3 anyone knows when they might start selling points for this awesome new location??:worship:

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.

to hide this adverts.
  3. akl-fan

akl-fan DIS Veteran

It has not been announced yet but if the retro fit some of the existing rooms it could be as early as next year. DVC still has rooms to sell at AKV before they start at the GF. I'm not sure but i think SSR and BLT are sold out now( or if not are very nearly sold out)

4. Saratoga Springs Tom

Saratoga Springs Tom Mouseketeer

We just added on to an existing contract and while doing so I asked when we could expect to see Grand Floridian offered for sale. The answer was "late spring 2013 at best". I was also told to expect pricing above the current price of BLT points purchased directly. Due to Florida law the project must be pretty far along before they can offer it. There will only be 147 units so I would expect it will be costly and high in points to stay. The big push is now for Animal Kingdom and Aulani.

5. ljcastro18

ljcastro18 Earning My Ears

Thanks Tom that is helpful, guess it gives me time to save some money for my GF points :thumbsup2

6. bookwormde

bookwormde <font color=darkorchid>Heading out now, another ad

Mid summer to early fall is the most likely

7. Jaaron2

Jaaron2 Disney Vet

With only two non sold out resorts to market (Aulani , AKV), and only one at WDW, I cant imagine they would want to wait that long to start selling. I would assume they would convert some existing rooms to DVC so they could sell sooner. Although they are certainly driving up the cost to purchase direct in preperation.

8. Sunshine22

Sunshine22 Mouseketeer

I read in the "Orlando Narrative" (found it using a search engine for Grand Floridian expansion) from a few days ago that sales were expected to begin in May for a March 2013 opening. Has anyone seen any other updates?

9. Nikisha421

Nikisha421 i'm the mom thats hoping and praying that my Disne

can't wait to see what the price per point will be for the GF DVC

10. Dean

Dean DIS Veteran<br><a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis

If they start selling in May or June, you're likely looking at it already minus some of the specials.

11. disneynutz

disneynutz DIS Veteran DIS Lifetime Sponsor

Disney won't convert existing GF rooms unless they have trouble filling them which I don't believe to be the case.

We love the GF but the location of the DVC building and its orientation doesn't seems to offer much of a view. For us the view is 80% of a properties attraction. Guess we will just wait and see.

:earsboy: Bill

12. Martha39

Martha39 Earning My Ears

[​IMG]Thanks Tom that is helpful, guess it gives me time to save some money for my GF points