DVC Grand Floridian

It has not been announced yet but if the retro fit some of the existing rooms it could be as early as next year. DVC still has rooms to sell at AKV before they start at the GF. I'm not sure but i think SSR and BLT are sold out now( or if not are very nearly sold out)

:confused3 anyone knows when they might start selling points for this awesome new location??:worship:

We just added on to an existing contract and while doing so I asked when we could expect to see Grand Floridian offered for sale. The answer was "late spring 2013 at best". I was also told to expect pricing above the current price of BLT points purchased directly. Due to Florida law the project must be pretty far along before they can offer it. There will only be 147 units so I would expect it will be costly and high in points to stay. The big push is now for Animal Kingdom and Aulani.

We just added on to an existing contract and while doing so I asked when we could expect to see Grand Floridian offered for sale. The answer was "late spring 2013 at best". I was also told to expect pricing above the current price of BLT points purchased directly. Due to Florida law the project must be pretty far along before they can offer it. There will only be 147 units so I would expect it will be costly and high in points to stay. The big push is now for Animal Kingdom and Aulani.

With only two non sold out resorts to market (Aulani , AKV), and only one at WDW, I cant imagine they would want to wait that long to start selling. I would assume they would convert some existing rooms to DVC so they could sell sooner. Although they are certainly driving up the cost to purchase direct in preperation.

I read in the "Orlando Narrative" (found it using a search engine for Grand Floridian expansion) from a few days ago that sales were expected to begin in May for a March 2013 opening. Has anyone seen any other updates?

can't wait to see what the price per point will be for the GF DVC

can't wait to see what the price per point will be for the GF DVC
If they start selling in May or June, you're likely looking at it already minus some of the specials.

Disney won't convert existing GF rooms unless they have trouble filling them which I don't believe to be the case.

We love the GF but the location of the DVC building and its orientation doesn't seems to offer much of a view. For us the view is 80% of a properties attraction. Guess we will just wait and see.

:earsboy: Bill

Thanks Tom that is helpful, guess it gives me time to save some money for my GF points

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter