DVC for UK trippers

Jabba

Earning My Ears
I'm from the UK and thinking of purchasing points for the DVC scheme. Please can someone tell me if its economically cheaper than paying the annual holiday bill of around £2,000 to travel the states and staying on property.

Thank you

we bought about 3 years ago the price we paid was $65 per point we bought what seams to be the average 200 points this would give us 2 weeks end of may beginning of june total amount paid for points lees discount for selling 1st year use back was $11000 at the exchange rate then $1.60 to the £ it worked out about £7,000 .As we would normally stay in the modderate resorts this would usaly cost for the 4 in our family :- £1600 for room £1500 for flight and car £400 total £3500 at least per holiday so the £7000 we paid for our points would take 4.5 years to pay for the rooms and after that it was acomadtion for only the dues which are about £500 per year as you will be staying in a better hotal than a modderate more like a delux (we have stayed at the Villas at wildernes lodge and had a cruise with our points)as we will allways keep going back even when the kids have flown the nest (please). we found that in the long run it is good value next year we will be going to the beach club for a week then up to south carolina to hillton head for a few days and then on down on to vero beach if it was not for the DVC we would not nor afforded this. As the points now are a $80 per point i would say go for the minnimum to buy 150 and borrow from the next years allocation of points as this would keep the cost down and more flexable ie if you nead 210 points for 2 weeks each years holiday you would borrow 60 points each year and it ment only going 2 out of every 3 years sorry about the advice being long winded but i hopre that it helps make up your mind
Regards PaulH

There's a UK DVCer board on the DIS that might help you. Not that you're not welcome here, but they could probably go into more detail, or give you a wider opinion.

Walk this way for the UK DVC board.

There's a huge wealth of DVC information over here on the US board, but for UK specific advice you may get more response over there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter