DVC Family Style Meals at Aulani discontinued

Very disappointed to hear this. We were planning on doing that when we visit next month. :(

In 2014 we made our first trip to Aulani and discovered the family meals. It made the trip a little more economical for us. We planned our trip to return April 2016 over 13 months ago. All we could talk about with our guests who were returning with us was how much we all were looking forward to the meals. On our first full day we called and asked if they forgot to leave the menu for the family meals because we only had the room service menu. That's when we learned they discontinued the service a couple of months prior to our arrival. So, off to Costco we went to stock up on items we can cook in the room or grill outside on one of their 4 grills.

If anyone from DVC is reading this post, we pay enough into Disney, the least thing DVC or Disney could do is bring back the meals.

Last edited:

Bummer. We were looking forward to these meals as well.

I, too, am disappointed to learn this. We fully intended to try a family dinner on our two previous stays at Aulani but never did. I was determined to do so on our next trip. Not to project too much but I wonder if it is no longer offered due to lack of orders?

Totally disappointed!!!!! We were going to order a family style dinner for our arrival night & my daughter's birthday in July.
Huge Bummer!!!

I'm disappointed to hear about this as well though in our previous trips to Aulani we never utilized that option as it was just the 2 of us.

DVC has offered various family meal options over the years at various resorts. These offerings have come and gone like any other perk/benefit. For anyone that really loved and/or wanted the family meal option, I say write MS and cc Aulani's GM. Sending a written letter/email is far more impactful than just making a post on a forum.

Is there any thing else comparable on the room service menu? We're heading there in June and was looking forward to eating in the room after a long flight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter