DVC event at Woodfield Mall (IL)

We were there, too! Great time! Still on the fence about adding on...AGAIN. The cruise is NOT the best deal (at least for us). I'd much rather take the $$ off per point.

We went with friends and our kids really loved the characters!!! Overall, nice!

Just back from the event. Thought I'd let everyone know that when you enter is when they give you the blue "recycle" DVC bag but they only give out 1 per group. I was told later that it was supposed to be 1 per household. I had to ask one of the guides after the presentation to get one for my adult son who went with us. The bag had the DVC pad holder in it. The only thing that everyone received was the MM print. I was a little disappointed since the last time we went everyone there got a DVC pad holder, binoculars, the passport holder with key tags and there might have been something else. Not sure, but everyone got one, not just 1 per household. The snacks were nice afterwards but they didn't have any of the MM rice krispie treats or cookies like they did last time. They had small sandwiches, fruit kabobs, and ice cream sundaes.

Still had a nice time but didn't add on right now.

The last event they let me add 25points to my BLT.
It's doesn't hurt to ask.
(I attended Friday night - even thought I was just at WDW never can get enough!!!)

Just back from the event. Thought I'd let everyone know that when you enter is when they give you the blue "recycle" DVC bag but they only give out 1 per group. I was told later that it was supposed to be 1 per household. I had to ask one of the guides after the presentation to get one for my adult son who went with us. The bag had the DVC pad holder in it. The only thing that everyone received was the MM print. I was a little disappointed since the last time we went everyone there got a DVC pad holder, binoculars, the passport holder with key tags and there might have been something else. Not sure, but everyone got one, not just 1 per household. The snacks were nice afterwards but they didn't have any of the MM rice krispie treats or cookies like they did last time. They had small sandwiches, fruit kabobs, and ice cream sundaes.

Still had a nice time but didn't add on right now.

We were disappointed from the last one too. It was still great, but just seemed not as exciting as last time. I really enjoyed Deevey Cee, but missed the Wishmeister. ;)

We were really sad not to see the MM treats too.

Oh, and super disappointed that they didn't give out a 1 week vacation again, instead just a "gift" basket.

Hope they send me another survey after this one, I'd love to give my opinion on it.

Jenny

I believe you have always been able to add on a minimum of 25 points with no closing costs (at least since we joined in 07)...you just have to pay upfront (no automatically approved Disney financing). We did a 25 point add on at AKL the month after we bought our first SSR contract. I think Friday night our guide might have realized we were so close to biting this time, that the slightest give would put us over the edge. I have been told before at other events at DTD and at the member events on cruise ships that there were no incentives for small add-ons. This might be one of those "want a different answer, ask another guide" kind of scenario.

I know small add-ons are hard to get resale...they seem to be snapped up so fast. But we calculated if you take the average closing costs from the Timeshare Store ($322 or around that for a small contract) and divide that by the number of points, say 25, it costs you roughly $13 a point in closing costs. The add-on price Friday night for properties currently selling was $112. If you subtract the $13 per point closing cost from the $112, that means if you can buy resale for under $99 a point (and many are way less than that, even for smaller contracts) you'd still come out ahead using resale over Disney, even with paying the closing costs. And if you are really clever, you might even get some banked points or get the seller to pay part of the closing costs/dues/etc. The 25 one-time bonus points was enticing, but the $112 price compared to what we're seeing pass ROFR on resale was just too much. I'm no mathemagician, so try this with your own calculator!

Fun party!

We attended today and bought 100 OKW points (2057 exp.) at $90/point. We also received 2009 points...so a bonus 100 points. I didn't go in thinking we would buy today because I was sure that the way to buy was resale. Did we do the right thing? Thanks in advance for all advice.

$90 plus bonus points for OKW til 2057 sounds great to me. We love OKW though we don't own there. We might bite for a small add on through Disney there if the points were $90. $112 was just too much. Congrats on your add-on...it's really not for me to say if anyone else did the right thing by purchasing...only you can determine that yourself, but for what it's worth, I sure think you did! I bet you are really going to love those extra points, too!

We went Fri night with no intentions on adding-on since we just became members less than 2 months ago. But we sat down with a guide and did a 50 point add-on for VGC! :banana: Talk about quick onsite of Addonitis! :lmao: The points will be a June UY like our AKV points and we are getting the 2009 points. She said the contract should be into MS by Tue and I can call Wed to bank those 2009 points, then of course we get 50 more June 1st!! :cool1:
Since we are new members this was obviously our 1st event. I've heard of Deevy See from the boards and was really excited to see her there - she's definitely entertaining! :rotfl:

We had a good time at the Sun AM presentation, as well. Though I was a little disappointed that the drawing was for a gift basket, rather than a vacation, too. I'd been sort of hoping this meant there would be a drawing for one from ALL the entries after all the presentations, but no one said anything about that so I guess not. It seemed like the Sun AM presentation wasn't as full, but that may have just been my impression.

A couple of the castmembers encouraged us to go upstairs and talk to a guide before "the rush," but overall, low pressure. We still are leaning heavily toward BWV, and the price differential between buying that direct and resale is just too big.

The kids enjoyed the dance party afterwards, but the oldest really wanted to just park in front of the example video porthole in the lobby on the way out and stay THERE. :rotfl:

I'm sad I couldn't add on - we just put a contract on a second home 15 minutes from WDW. I was hoping they wouldn't except, so I could use the $ for adding on 250 point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter