DVC discounts on theme park tickets??

Happy99

DIS Veteran
I have taken a look at the DVC website and didn't see anything but wanted to double check here. Are there any current park ticket discounts for DVC members? We skipped WDW this year and went to Aulani instead and wasn't keeping up with the offers for WDW

Thank you

Thank you, does anyone know what the current offer for AP is? with the new website I cannot seem to find it

Is this whole Gold Pass thing new? I don't ever remember there being blackout days on DVC annual passes before.

Thank you, does anyone know what the current offer for AP is? with the new website I cannot seem to find it
Is this whole Gold Pass thing new? I don't ever remember there being blackout days on DVC annual passes before.
It just happened over the weekend.
Prices went up Sunday -- three AP options for DVC including new Gold AP with Dec/Mar blackout dates (and free PhotoPass Digital Downloads) for $20/$17 more than current AP and Platinum AP (same as old AP plus PP DD) for $120/$100 more than old DVC AP.
Based on multiple first hand confirmations from people who have gotten APS and CMs who have issued APs since Tuesday:
  1. Q: Can you upgrade at renewal to new Gold, Platinum, or Platinum Plus Renewal rate?
    A: Yes - you will pay the new Renewal Price for the new Gold, Platinum, Platinum Plus (see New Price under DVC in chart below)
  2. Q: Can you upgrade current (activated) AP to new Gold, Platinum, or Platinum Plus?
    A: Yes, you pay the difference between the previous AP Old Price (regardless of what you actually paid) and the New Price for the new AP. The result is the difference plus tax - equal to Increase column under DVC in chart below.
  3. Q: Can you upgrade unactivated AP Certificate to new Gold, Platinum, Platinum Plus?
    A: Yes - Ticketing is no longer issuing old APs, so will automatically issue you a new AP (with PP DD) at no cost according to this:
    • Seasonal Pass > Silver AP
    • AP > Platinum AP
    • PAP > Platinum Plus AP

Click on image for online spreadsheet including pre-tax prices

Last edited:
If I am reading it right, my renewal only goes up $17.00 for Gold, DVC Renewal. I would not go there during the lockout dates anyway so I guess it is a non issue for me.

not a fan of the big price increases recently.
Agree

When DVC first offered a discount, it was 25% ($100 off a $400 AP)
The past few years have been a Larger $ discount (while being a smaller % of total) it looks like it was a $125 discount
With this new increase, we lost discount $ we are now down to a $100 discount :(

I keep wondering why we are complaining only about the blackout dates and general public price increase instead the loss of DVC discount $

Sorry - I have been a deluxe AP. I live out of state and don't visit during peak times so I can't justify those costs for our families. But regardless - where did you find that. I have not mastered the new site yet.
My DVC Membership > Member Benefits & More. From there, you can use the four filters across the top to refine what you are looking for.

Is there a discount for a Premier AP for DVC members? I'm still in the math stage of determining if this is more practical as we are going to both WDW and DL in the next 12 months...but I can't find anywhere that talks about DVC discount for the Premier pass.

If I am reading it right, my renewal only goes up $17.00 for Gold, DVC Renewal. I would not go there during the lockout dates anyway so I guess it is a non issue for me.

If I am reading that right it would cost you $17 more but if you are a MM fan and planned on purchasing it then you could be saving $152 correct?

If I am reading that right it would cost you $17 more but if you are a MM fan and planned on purchasing it then you could be saving $152 correct?
Yep, if you are upgrading from DVC AP > Gold AP at renewal it will be $17+tax more than the old AP renewal to upgrade to gold -- with blockout dates and PP DD. As you point out, if you don't travel during blockout dates normally, and if you buy MMs normally, this is actually a big savings :thumbsup2. If you aren't so lucky (you do travel during blockouts) it will cost $400 more to upgrade to Platinum than the old AP -- which you would have to buy 3 MMs a year normally to break even.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter