DVC discounts for MNSSHP

alongtimeblooming

Only Wears Flower Crown Minnie Ears
Hi everyone! On the main Theme Park board, the confirmed dates just went up for both Halloween and Christmas.

Is there a pattern to what days honor the DVC discount? Are they in September, or are there some in October as well? Trying to make it not such an expensive weekend, but considering the Guy wants to do Keys to the Kingdom, Party for the Senses AND MNSSHP. . . oh man. :upsidedow

I'm wondering the same thing for my October trip!!

It varies, but the discounts are for dates that Disney thinks won't be all that popular.

There's no reason to buy tickets right away. Nothing sells out in the first couple of months, so there's no harm in waiting to buy.

In fact, if you are going in September or early October (before Columbus Day weekend), you may want to wait until you can see the weather forecast - parties in the rain are not much fun.

So there are limited dates for the DVC discount on tickets, I did not know that. I just did a search on allears and found that last year the discount was for days earlier in the season. Bummer if that continues since we are going the 3rd week in October. There is always 2011 when we will be there earlier :)

But speaking of tickets. If I called and bought MNSSHP tickets with the DVC discount - do they check and make sure it is just your household you are buying for? Do they attach names like regular tickets? We may have my mother with us and was wondering if I could buy hers at the discount. Also if my mother cancels can anyone use her ticket?

But speaking of tickets. If I called and bought MNSSHP tickets with the DVC discount - do they check and make sure it is just your household you are buying for? Do they attach names like regular tickets? We may have my mother with us and was wondering if I could buy hers at the discount. Also if my mother cancels can anyone use her ticket?

I think you are allowed so many tickets at the discount regardless of whether the guests are DVC members or not.

Two years ago I was able to purchase a total of 5 tickets for MNSSHP with the discount. I was told the limit was 6 and they did not have to be for my immediate family. I bought a total of 5 and 3 of those were for the family staying with us.
I also recall last year that even though originally the discount was only for certain dates of MVMCP (the date I purchased tickets for my friend and me was not originally discounted) Disney later opened the discount to all party dates. When that happened, I called MS and they gave me a credit for the difference.

last year, most Friday/Sat were not discounted, but Thursdays were - we went Oct 1st instead of Oct 2nd to save $$.

I was unable to find that schedule of days for Mickeys Halloween and Christmass partys.
Could you put a link to it?
thanks
Theo

So there are limited dates for the DVC discount on tickets, I did not know that. I just did a search on allears and found that last year the discount was for days earlier in the season. Bummer if that continues since we are going the 3rd week in October. There is always 2011 when we will be there earlier :)

We bought 7 tickets in total last year when we went... hubby and I are DVC members the other 5 were for my brother and his family who were staying with us in our villa. Idon't know what the max was but they had no problem with my purchase. I did willcall and I had to show my DVC membership and gov't photo ID.

last year, most Friday/Sat were not discounted, but Thursdays were - we went Oct 1st instead of Oct 2nd to save $$.

we went the first night last year, it was a Friday and it was discounted but I think the closer you get to Oct the less nights are included in the discount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter