• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DVC Dining Plan

The description of the dining plan seems to imply you are limited as to what items you can order off of the menu...Is this really the case? If so, is it an issue? Are you still able to order a decent variety? Thanks.

JP

The description of the dining plan seems to imply you are limited as to what items you can order off of the menu...Is this really the case? If so, is it an issue? Are you still able to order a decent variety? Thanks.

JP
Disney hasn't gone the way of many All Inclusive options where you can't order the good stuff or have to pay extra. There are ALMOST no limitations I can think of other than the add ons like adding lobster to an entree, the options that are designed for 2 people like chateaubriand and the dessert options at Pepper Market. Even then, last time we were at the PM, we were allowed to get any dessert we wanted. You can get the Lobster or Surf & Turf for example. What they have done though is to limit the menu so that no one could order those options because they simply were not available.

JP

You order off the same menu as everyone else. You are not *really* limited to what you can order, but there are a few exceptions. I copied this from the DDP sticky on the Restaurant Board: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2054845

Exclusions, limitations and/or surcharges may apply (especially at Downtown Disney restaurants). We will try to keep a full, up-to-date list of those here.

Limitations/Exclusions/Observations
• Tangierine Cafe - limits your dessert to Baklava only.
• The Lunching Pad - no dessert
• Teppan Edo - The salad isn't included as part of the entree - can be ordered as an appetizer on DxDDP.
• Yakitori House - Only certain combinations permitted. For example, Tonosama Combination is not included.
• Pepper Market - Dessert options with CS only allowed from Tier 1. (NOTE: In 2009 there have been a couple of reports that any dessert is included, but not enough reports to remove this from the list yet.)
• Spoodles - A Dessert "Sampler" can be ordered, but only by two Dining Plan guests.
• Raglan Road - Dessert "Sampler" is excluded. Appetizers “for two” can be ordered by two (deluxe) dining plan guests.
• Planet Hollywood - Aubriee reports that surf and turf is excluded.
• Wolfgang Puck Cafe - Sushi is considered an entree, not an appetizer.
• California Grill - Yoshi's Deluxe Sushi Platter and Snake in the Grass are considered entrees.

HTH!

When speaking with the DVC member we are renting from, he thought that if we chose to add the dining plan, we had to pay for all the days we are staying at the resort -- including the check-in and check-out days. From what I have read everywhere else, it sounds like we pay for the number of nights we are staying at the resort.

If we check-in on Sunday and check-out on Thursday, do I pay for 4 days or 5 days worth of the plan?

Thanks so much!
Lisa

When speaking with the DVC member we are renting from, he thought that if we chose to add the dining plan, we had to pay for all the days we are staying at the resort -- including the check-in and check-out days. From what I have read everywhere else, it sounds like we pay for the number of nights we are staying at the resort.

If we check-in on Sunday and check-out on Thursday, do I pay for 4 days or 5 days worth of the plan?

Thanks so much!
Lisa

You are correct - it is per night and you can use the DDP credits on the day you check in and they don't expire until midnight on the day you check out. You would pay for 4 days worth of the plan if you chose to add it.

I am renting points and need to confirm when I add the dining plan. I was told I can add this 48 hours in advance. If so, what number do I call?

I am renting points and need to confirm when I add the dining plan. I was told I can add this 48 hours in advance. If so, what number do I call?
You cannot add it if you are renting, the member must do so before 48 hours. MS will not discuss anything with anyone other than a member.

Anyone have in credible info on the 2010 DDP price? Heard it's $47/day/adult and will fluctuate up and down according to "season". I'd like to know if the DVC price is fixed throughout the year and what is the increase?

The Disney Quick Service Dining Plan 2010 priced
at $31.99/adults, $9.99/child 3-9

Basic Disney Dining Plan 2010 priced at $41.99/adults, $11.99/child 3-9 (regular season)

Basic Disney Dining Plan 2010 priced at $46.99/adults, $12.99/child 3-9 (peak season)

Deluxe Disney Dining Plan 2010 priced at $71.99/adults, $20.99/child 3-9

Premium Disney Dining Plan 2010 priced at $164/adults, $114/child 3-9

Platinum Disney Dining Plan 2010 priced at $220/adults, $155/child 3-9

HTH!

I did a google search for 2010 disney dining plan prices and found this on the associated content website. I tried posting the link here, but it wouldn't work. Sorry!!!

Wow, at those prices I think we'll pass on the DP from now on. What do you get for the prices of the Premium and the Platinum DPs?? I always thought the Deluxe DP was too much food how did they manage two more tiers :confused3

The Disney Quick Service Dining Plan 2010 priced
at $31.99/adults, $9.99/child 3-9

Basic Disney Dining Plan 2010 priced at $41.99/adults, $11.99/child 3-9 (regular season)
Basic Disney Dining Plan 2010 priced at $46.99/adults, $12.99/child 3-9 (peak season)
Deluxe Disney Dining Plan 2010 priced at $71.99/adults, $20.99/child 3-9

Premium Disney Dining Plan 2010 priced at $164/adults, $114/child 3-9

Platinum Disney Dining Plan 2010 priced at $220/adults, $155/child 3-9

HTH!

I did a google search for 2010 disney dining plan prices and found this on the associated content website. I tried posting the link here, but it wouldn't work. Sorry!!!

From what has been reported, DVC will not charge the peak season price for the basic plan for 2010, it will be the regular season price all year. Subject to change of course.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter