DVC & DDP Pricing

ninjagirl

Mouseketeer
Hey guys,

We put in a bid for a DVC resale contract and are hopefully in our last week of waiting for our ROFR decision (it was for BLT so we're pretty confident it will be approved) and are planning a trip for this February. Does anyone know how much it costs to purchase the DDP through membership services once our points are loaded and we're able to book? (We know this won't happen until late early to mid November but want to start thinking and saving now.) I've read up on the rules that everyone has to be on it etc but I can't seem to find a cost. Thanks!

Just look up the regular cost of the dining plans to any resort quests, it is the same for DVC (there is no special DVC discount).

Be aware that if you will be trying for a February trip to BLT by reserving in early Nov, you face a risk of not getting anything you want at BLT because you are reserving so late and you may have to accept something at a resort such as SSR that is not close to a park.

You may want to look into getting a Tables in Wonderland card instead. It gives you 20% off food and drink, including alcohol, at most full-serve WDW restaurants as well as the Value Resort food courts and Animal Kingdom quick service locations. Also, it allows you to order just what you want, rather than being locked into an entree/dessert/beverage at every meal. We find we do much better with TIW than with the dining plan.

You may want to look into getting a Tables in Wonderland card instead. It gives you 20% off food and drink, including alcohol, at most full-serve WDW restaurants as well as the Value Resort food courts and Animal Kingdom quick service locations. Also, it allows you to order just what you want, rather than being locked into an entree/dessert/beverage at every meal. We find we do much better with TIW than with the dining plan.

I will second this recommendation. Go with the TIW card instead of the dining plan. The deluxe dining plan is advertised as saving UP TO 25%. The TIW card WILL save you 20%.

:thumbsup2 What she said...We bought Ap's & all our friends did the DDP, we bought the TiW for $75 through AP....Note : $100 for DVC.

Also I'm hoping your going to take advantage of the PAP...for $399 tooo.:yay:

Thanks for the warning about BLT but we're okay with wherever we end up. We had some banked points that we have to burn or lose so where we stay isn't as important as not losing the points. We're find with whatever but it doesn't seem to be full yet so we'll keep our fingers crossed.

Thanks also for the TiW card. We've looked into that and I'm just wondering if it makes sense. I added up what we would eat on DDP and it seems to be a little bit less actually to go with DDP than to buy TiW. In addition, you have to spend $375 before we break even on TiW which is a cost I had rolled into it and evaluated as well. I need to sit down and make a spreadsheet for comparison which is why I was asking for the pricing but thanks guys for leading me in the right direction.

I agree! I think the TIW card is the way to go!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter