• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DVC Confessions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will take an extra pool towel with me on the way back up to the room for my after swim shower. I return all pool towels to the return bins the next time we go out to dinner or to the parks.

I take pool towels up to my room after we're done at the pool that day - but I do wash them with my room towels and reuse them the whole time we are at the resort.

I travel with my grandchildren (age 7 & 5) we buy new mugs every trip for the adults but let the kids share our mugs - I very rarely let them have soda and I'm not paying for a mug for water.

I have "moved" the birthday of each of the kids to get 1 more trip where I wouldn't have to buy them park passes. Once their tall enough for most of the rides I pay.

I take pool towels up to my room after we're done at the pool that day - but I do wash them with my room towels and reuse them the whole time we are at the resort.

I travel with my grandchildren (age 7 & 5) we buy new mugs every trip for the adults but let the kids share our mugs - I very rarely let them have soda and I'm not paying for a mug for water.

I have "moved" the birthday of each of the kids to get 1 more trip where I wouldn't have to buy them park passes. Once their tall enough for most of the rides I pay.

Yeah....it's pretty tough telling your kid to say they are 2 when they want to shout to the world they are 3 haha.

They have paper cups at the food courts if you just want water. I don't think they make you buy a mug. For the mugs that are "chipped", I think I heard somewhere where they let you refill them about every 15-20 minutes or so. The chip kind of times it, so if someone buys one mug and has 10 people who bring their own cup to the food court, the mug person can't stand there filling up 10 cups all at once.

I never considered taking home the soaps and shampoos that they leave in my room as stealing. They're in my room. I assume that means they want me to have them. I have never felt the need to take any more from the cart because I have always found that they leave plenty in the room.

Pool towels are another thing. I have often walked back to the room with a pool towel around my waist or neck. I'm not stealing it. I'm taking it back to the room in the resort where the pool is. I usually bring it back the next time I go to the pool and put it in the dirty towel bin.

Last edited:

They have paper cups at the food courts if you just want water. I don't think they make you buy a mug. For the mugs that are "chipped", I think I heard somewhere where they let you refill them about every 15-20 minutes or so. The chip kind of times it, so if someone buys one mug and has 10 people who bring their own cup to the food court, the mug person can't stand there filling up 10 cups all at once.
QUOTE]

I'm a little crazy with giving the kids with me water while in Disney - all 3 of my kids were hospitalized with dehydration as babies and I'm very vigilant about making the kids drink water. I will give them some of the soda while at the restaurant but leave with all mugs full of water to continue them drinking in the room. I buy water bottles and freeze them to take into the parks. Soda does not hydrate you properly too much sugar.

We bring pool towels to the room after swimming and return them the next time we walk by the pool or go swimming. Occasionally, if we swim late on our last night, we might have left them with our other towels in the room. I also grab a handful of sweetners from the BC Marketplace to use in the room.

taken home the soaps and shampoos (wife collects the then gives them to the Ronald McDonald house)
wife and i have shared a drink cup and have brought back mugs from a previous trip a couple of months later.
borrowed pool towels to help me get clean laundry back to room.took them back to pool next laundry trip.
gotten a 3 year old in as a 2 ( there was no difference in dd at that time was not going to ride or do anything )
ones i've got to try
bring the whole neighborhood,put them in a studio,buy one mug and fill up everyone's drink cup,buy one pass then as one person gets in throw the magic band back over the gate to the next one and so on till everyone is in.

My brother bought a refillable soda at Artist's Pallette. After finishing his drink he refilled it with half and half and brought it back to the room so we would have cream for coffee in the morning. I thought that was pretty sneaky!

I HATE the whole "Welcome Home" thing. It's creepy.

This thread is 8 years old. Please start a new one if you’d like to discuss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter