Dvc completely booked

I'm a nobody with Southwest and use them maybe 4 times a year and they have never changed any of our flights. Something to think about. :goodvibes

:earsboy: Bill

It's a trade off..

With the "old line majors" you can book 11 months in advance. The farther ahead you book the more risk you have of flight time changes (I travel on work and can't recall the last schedule change I had, but then 3 weeks is my standard booking window)

With SW they don't release the schedules/fares until much later, but they are more "set" at that point.

You have to decide what's worth it to you... some people REALLY like to book and pay far in advance just to get that expense out of the way for example

It's a trade off..

With the "old line majors" you can book 11 months in advance. The farther ahead you book the more risk you have of flight time changes (I travel on work and can't recall the last schedule change I had, but then 3 weeks is my standard booking window)

With SW they don't release the schedules/fares until much later, but they are more "set" at that point.

You have to decide what's worth it to you... some people REALLY like to book and pay far in advance just to get that expense out of the way for example

That sums up a lot of the problem. I too travel frequently for business and can't recall the last time there was a change that wasn't related to weather or equipment problems but I'm generally booking 3 weeks or less from date of travel. And that is frequently on Delta. The only trip we've had a scheduling change on was to WDW in Dec on United and I had booked it much further out than I usually do.

if your wait list doesn't come through try calling everyday. when we first got our points, we were in the Tampa beaches and decided to see if we could stop in at the world for a few days....took a few phone calls, but we got in. We were even able to get our friends a room on site last minute when we checked in (and there had been nothing earlier that morning).pixiedust:

I'm going to bet your airline was Delta. HATE that company because they have changed every flight I've booked with them.

I agree that the best is to remain on the waitlist and then book a value as a backup. We had to do that once, and it worked out fine. The value was only for a night, and we put our things for that night in a small carry on case.

Agreed, Delta is alway known for changing times, seats, anything they can. I have had almost every flight booked with them changed. Now for the good news, I call them and tell them that I don't appreciate a new flight schedule or time change. I have reasons for picking the flights I do. They will put you on most any flight you request without a change fee if they have changed the times or flights to start.

For October?

Yes, the 7th. I know..

What am I missing? What's going on in October? Is it just the halloween activities? I ask because I am waitlisted for the end of October and I'm curious of the chances that I'll actually get the request...

Thanks.

[EDIT]: Just read around some more and saw that MK 40th/HalfMarathon/Food&Wine are contributing factors. Also, just called for availability 10/27-11/1 and seems like only SSR has openings for now...

What am I missing? What's going on in October? Is it just the halloween activities? I ask because I am waitlisted for the end of October and I'm curious of the chances that I'll actually get the request...

Thanks.

[EDIT]: Just read around some more and saw that MK 40th/HalfMarathon/Food&Wine are contributing factors. Also, just called for availability 10/27-11/1 and seems like only SSR has openings for now...

October has always been popular with DVC members. Also November & December. Those 3 months tend to book up early.

I'm going to bet your airline was Delta. HATE that company because they have changed every flight I've booked with them.

Diane - Bet that smarted when they bought up Northwest... I still miss Republic Airlines (guess I'm dating myself with that one.) :)

Thanks.

I'd grab it and ask questions later.;)

Thanks.

Columbus day may have an impact as well. We have been on the wait list for a lake view studio for almost 6 months for 1 day (10/9)

Diane - Bet that smarted when they bought up Northwest... I still miss Republic Airlines (guess I'm dating myself with that one.) :)
Yes, we used to complain about NWA, but they were golden compared to this schlock operation Delta has turned out to be. I'm boycotting them. I now fly Sun Country whenever I can. I'm planning another trip to Hawaii in 2013, and I'm going to plan on taking Sun Country to Either Vegas or some other western city and then take Hawaiian Air from there. Do NOT want to give Delta any support at all.

Thanks.

Food and wine, school teacher's union breaks, Columbus Day,...All of those add to the intrigue of October, not to mention the heat is mostly gone and the cold hasn't started yet.

Airline changed my flight, and we are leaving a day earlier. There ISN'T a single unit available..any resort, any room size..for DVC. I am on the wait list, but going to look for a cash reservation.:scared1:

We are going oct 6-15, we are staying in kidani village from oct 9-14, staying at pop century for the other nights, i just booked these pop century rooms a few days ago, if you have an annual pass there is a discount for the room , it was 87.00 a night...you can maybe do that, we always do that....it is a pain to move rooms, but hey we are at DISNEY so its not that bad.

Good Luck! Hope something comes thru!:goodvibes I would call, call, call.. The CM's say that the system will work faster on the wait list, but I think calling is the way to go. Worked for us before the wait list so Im not sure thats totally true!

If nothing does, walk up to the front desk, bet they find something.
I have heard add on days were easy, even when no available shows.

Also try FQ, or a moderate, I bet there are some there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter