DVC Community Halls

gumby5657

Earning My Ears
Hello,

We are DVC newbies (so forgive me if this is a silly question) and our first stay at is approaching at the Villas at Wilderness Lodge/ Boulder Ridge mid June. I am curious what a DVC community hall is? Is it like a place to hang out or what? I just heard someone mention it and I have no clue what it involves. Thanks!

We are down the hall from the Community Hall at Kidani Village right now. I just went in because they do not have one at my home resort (VGF). There is a pool table, a foosball table, some Sony Playstations, some tables for card games or checkers, and an attendant checking out equipment. It was not large. Maybe between the size of a 1br and a 2 BR. It could be quite handy on days when it is raining hard outside, but it could get crowded very quickly.

Last edited:
If the resort has a community hall, (not all do) There are games and activities for kids. They have a schedule of events that changes weekly.

:earsboy: Bill

We love the community hall. They have all sorts of craft things to do (ceramics to paint, t shirts to decorate, etc) (some may cost a few dollars, but nothing outrageous) and lots of equipment to borrow for free. From Wilderness lodge we boated over to BLT and borrowed their bocce set to play bocce with. We love the shuffle board equipment and bean bag toss at SSR. SSR also has shuffle puck which is fun. They have board games you can check out like library books. The community halls are a great resource for resort days. I didn't think we would use them much, but we do!

Our kids like the photo booth that Kidani village has. We got lots of fun shots on our magic band and they are printed out for free. Love pool tables and bean bag toss. Our teenage kids always head down for a while while my husband and I get ready for dinner.

My kids love Community Hall. They visit daily. Crafts, games, puzzles, movies playing. Boardwalk has air hockey. I tend to hang out there when waiting for our room. Been known to doze off on the couch after an early flight!

Last edited:
My kids love Community Hall. They visit daily. Crafts, games, puzzles, movies playing. Boardwalk has air hockey. I tend to hang out there when waiting for our room. Been known to doze off on the lunch after an early flight!

The air hockey table is gone at Bwv. We were there last month and the grandkids were disappointed.

The air hockey table is gone at Bwv. We were there last month and the grandkids were disappointed.

:sad: NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

I shall be writing to request they get a new one. We were stalking them a few years ago when they got this one which replaced a previous one. If it was still the same one, and I'm pretty certain it was, it came over from the BC arcade or at least that's what we were told at the time when they were still waiting for the paddles to be brought over.

We are booking a 2-bedroom for 8 people at Kidani. Will our guests be able to use the Community Hall without us?

Is there one at BCV? If not can you use the bwv one?
There is not a Community Hall at BCV.

I went into the Community Hall at BWV twice. They did not ask for ID or a Magic Band or a DVC card. The first time I went in, no cast member spoke to me. The second time I went in, a friend wanted to pin trade so we spoke to the cast member there but she didn't care where I was staying.

We've checked out movies, the kids colored or participated in the crafts (some cost extra), played games. It was usually a down time activity for us. Came in handy on days when the weather did not cooperate for pool time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter