• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DVC CM just said "pop warner"

dumbo_buddy

DIS Veteran
yuck. i just called the member service line to check on my waitlist and see if a split stay was available for my stay 12/5-12/11. no such luck. in fact no studios anywhere are available! she said that the pop warner kids are coming in as well as a convention in orlando.

nothing personal against the pop warner kids, i just don't like the volume of them. haha.

i really can't complain...i'm going to be in disney world! also, i'll be going down with my 17 month old (dh can't come b/c of work, boo). i think i'm just nervous about doing this by myself. that, and the fact that our first DVC stay was at the beach club this past september and it was amazing! :)

I don't see how Pop Warner kids will affect DVC reservations; they mostly stay at the values - one of the All Stars, I think.

That is the week for Pop Warner every year.

The Pop Warner kids don't stay at DVC (not in groups, they might if their parents have points). They stay at the values and usually POR. If you are not at the same resort as they are, you may not even take much notice of them as they are competing over at World of Sports.

I don't see how Pop Warner kids will affect DVC reservations; they mostly stay at the values - one of the All Stars, I think.

That is the week for Pop Warner every year.

I agree, I don't know why they would mention Pop Warner.

That week has always been a popular week for DVC members, I've gone many times (this year I went at the end of Oct for F&W instead). The holiday decorations and shows are in full swing, it's adventure season so low points, weather is usually good. Those dates are usually pretty booked up early for DVC.

oh yeah, you're right - the pop kids probably won't even be at my resort. wonder why the cast member mentioned it.

i have to keep reminding myself that just b/c it's value season doesn't mean the dvc resorts will have alot of openings. all the more reason to make sure i book at my 11 month window.

thanks for your responses! :)

But there is a domino effect.... i needed a room for a last minute addon of a day for our 8 day trip (week after Thanksgiving lol at BLT)...so of course I tried for the DVCs...nope not one studio anywhere....lol....tried for Value resorts....Nope not even one room....so I was forced to bump up to a moderate (POR).....no biggee....cept literally POR was the only moderate left with a room and only a couple or so at that....so what happens when someone wanting a moderate calls and nothing is availible...they will upgrade to the next level and so on until they get a room (assuming they are willing to pay to stay onsite vs offsite)....

DVC after a certain point releases most rooms for Cash people...i cannot remember what the day # is but it was in our contract somewhere.... so Yes following the dominoes: the Values effect up stream all the way to the DVCs in these cases....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter