DVC Clothing

walter

DIS Veteran
Just my own personal observation. Recently we visited DVC/HHI and I was looking to purchase possibly a new polo DVC shirt. Unfortunatley, the new attire has along with the logo, a saying "Members Are Magical" (I think that is the quote). I for one would like a shirt with a small logo and resort name, rather than those of the large size with this type of saying. Just my thoughts.

I'd prefer something subtle and dignified over a shirt that makes me a gimicky walking billboard.

I haven't looked too hard (my souvenir budget is always VERY small), but from what I've seen the embroideries and imprints seem...forgive me...tacky.

Kelley

I had heard that years ago there were catalogs with DVC merchandise given to members. But, nothing recently. Anyone heard anything in regards to this coming back?

I was recently in a liquor store here in lovely NJ, wearing my navy blue polo shirt described before an beige pants. As I was paying for my purchase the lady behind the counter shouts out, "Oh no you better not be one of those people that constantly call me about buying a timeshare!" I told her that I wasn't, just a proud owner of my DVC. I guess the shirts make us walking advertisements.

Hi,

I was also unhappy with dvc mertanise @ HH!!! I hope its alittle better @ BCV????

Allison an associate

Walter - I am sorry - how long have you been a member - I am asking because a few years ago - the DVC resorts had a sale on all the DVC items - these were just what you wanted - the resort front entrance with either the name of the resort or DVC member???? underneath it.

they were 40% off at the time - so I got a couple - the clerks says that they were not selling and DVC was changing the icon .... which of course they didn't -

where the t-shirts - which had the resort and DVC member is big letters were selling....

So I guess they though the golf shirts will sell better if they had the same junk that they t-shirts has -

sorry you didn't get to buy when they had what you wanted.....

I think most of the DVC logo clothing I have seen has been ugly, poor quality and over-priced...or at least two of the three...HAH!

When I was at BCV last month, there was very little DVC merch. There was a very overpriced polo shirt, and I think a DVC tote. However, when we went over to OKW, there was a TON of stuff! I kept saying "I want one of those!".

Nancy ::MinnieMo

I liked the navy t-shirt in the BWV store until I turned it to the back and saw the huge "members are magical" on the back. :(

I did buy a nice navy jacket earlier this year. It just has the logo on the upper left front and "members are magical" underneath, not real big.

There WAS a catalog of DVC logo merchandise early on. I guess there were too few members to make it worthwhile, so much of it was discontinued.

With over 80,000 members now (as we were told at the BWV member update last week!), I would hope that they would give it a try again!

With close to 70,000 members wouldn't you think DVC would produce another catalog or have an area on their website where we could order items? I'm sure it would be profitable. Annmarie

An online catalog woudl be great and wouldn't cost as much money as a mailed out version.

Disney4me4ever is right- when I rented some points and stayed at BCV in September, the big souvenir that I wanted was a BCV polo shirt. Boy I scoured that Beach Club gift shop, and the only one I could find that had BCV on it was one where the logo and "members are magical" was on the front of the shirt, and it just said "Beach Club Villas" on the sleeve. I was disappointed, and ended up buying a VERY expensive polo shirt that just said "Disney's Beach Club Resort", because that's the only Beach Club polo shirt they had, too! And can they get the "members are magical" ANY larger on the back of those t-shirts?? I didn't buy a BCV t-shirt either, because the back of the darn thing had "members are magical" in the hugest letters I've ever seen on a t-shirt... took up the whole back of the shirt. Oh well, I guess I'll have to purchase a membership before I can start complaining....

Originally posted by BCVOwner2002
With close to 70,000 members wouldn't you think DVC would produce another catalog or have an area on their website where we could order items?

Annmarie
Make that 80,000 DVC members now. Someone posted this week that they were at a DVC update meeting last week and the guide said there are 80,000 members now.
Eyecrazy.gif

Originally posted by lenshanem
I though the recent rumor is we might be getting a DVc merchandise catalog???

I thought I read that somewhere recently too....but I can't remember when or where....Vacation Magic maybe? Or maybe the e-mail newsletter?:confused:

Originally posted by Nick@ VB+OKW
Annmarie
Make that 80,000 DVC members now. Someone posted this week that they were at a DVC update meeting last week and the guide said there are 80,000 members now.
Eyecrazy.gif

Wow! 80,000 members! That's amazing! I'm glad I bought where I like to stay because it could get more difficult to reserve with more members.

Okay now back on track - I would love to see a catalog before the holidays. Annmarie

Originally posted by anniet
I thought I read that somewhere recently too....but I can't remember when or where....Vacation Magic maybe? Or maybe the e-mail newsletter?:confused:
Really? Please let us know if any confirmation.

I agree, the current offering needs improvement.

We just had our first trip home at VWL and I too wanted a shirt with DVC. They had the overpriced polo shirts in tan and brown and aforementioned t-shirts in tan/brown and navy/light blue. I thought it was all ugly. The jacket was nice, but I wasn't spending that kind of money. I was hoping to find the DVC logo with all the nice colors in it, small and tasteful on a polo shirt in a color a woman could wear - not that tan color (definitely a man's colored shirt - no offense guys!). The lady at the Mercantile said to try OKW, but we never had time to go over there. Maybe next year....

I was going to buy my mom a BWV DVC sweatshirt when we go for Christmas, but now I'm rethinking that. Does anyone know what they have at the Boardwalk? :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter