DVC Christian Owners

I am so happy you started this thread. My DH and I are Methodist. We go to a tiny rural church, but God has blessed us with a group of friends (all about the same age) from this church and we have commented many times about how blessed we are to have our church and our friends. Now we have DVC friends who believe the same thing we do.

We were also disappointed when they quit having any type of church services on property. We usually go on line and find a church close to property and rent a car to get there on Sunday mornings. It just seems important to thank God for all our blessings especially when we are in the "happiest place on earth."

I believe in one God. I believe in the teachings of Jesus Christ, I just am having a hard time with the concept of his divinity. My human mind is just having a hard time grasping this. From my studies, he was declared divine a couple of centuries after he died by people just as flawed as the rest of us, and did not declare himself divine. However, I respect everyones right to believe what they want to believe, even non-Christians.

Oh Yeah... We've been DVCer since 2000.

He was declared divine by the one God, just after his baptism:

"This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased." The gospels, particularly the book of John, and the New Testament epistles clearly testify to his divinity, as well.

A fantastic thread to spread faith! I don't respond to many posts, mainly just lurk, but definitely want to proclaim that we are Christians from Utah!:cool1:

I guess we need to be careful not to let this great thread become a discussion of beliefs or we might see it moved to another board.

Just thinking ahead.

Since the link between ones personal beliefs and DVC ownership are questionable, at best, and since this turning in to a thread defining different belief systems, I am moving it to the Community Board.

Ok, I get it. You can't spread your "beliefs" here. But we can all be friends and have a place to share. Can't we?

Since the link between ones personal beliefs and DVC ownership are questionable, at best, and since this turning in to a thread defining different belief systems, I am moving it to the Community Board.

Oh dear. I bared my soul to the world. I am going to edit what I wrote. To those who quoted me, will you delete my sad first post?:sad2:

Ok, I get it. You can't spread your "beliefs" here. But we can all be friends and have a place to share. Can't we?

Please don't spread your beliefs at all. I have a faith, I respect your faith. Lets keep it that way, k? The coexist thing. Sharing is great, sharing is interesting and enlightening and wonderful.

someone asked about secular humanism, this is what I found. http://www.secularhumanism.org/ correct me if I am wrong on the link I found.

I like Religious Tolerance much better. Secular Humanists have several organziations, but no creed. Therefore, looking at one organizations website is seeing only one organizations agenda - and that agenda may not be held by all humanists.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/humanism.htm

Note that religious tolerance goes out of their way to use the word "tend" or "most."

My husband considers himself an atheist, not a humanist. The terms are not, to many people who describe themselves as such, interchangeable. He also describes himself as a Unitarian.

Please don't spread your beliefs at all. I have a faith, I respect your faith. Lets keep it that way, k? The coexist thing. Sharing is great, sharing is interesting and enlightening and wonderful.

Cool

Again... just like the Louisiana DVC'ers thread... let's not vent about why they keep pulling the thread and maybe we can see just how many of us there are out there. I would love to have a thread where we can talk about when we are going to the World and be able to meet up for a morning devotional. Let's try again. :thumbsup2

I never post, but I am saddened that this thread has caused problems. Unless there are posts that have been edited I did not see, I was so thrilled to hear everyone discussing their beliefs. How can we live in peace if we don't understand? However, I do realize there may be better venues for such discussion. As for me- Christ follower and DVC member since 2007.:love:

I never post, but I am saddened that this thread has caused problems. Unless there are posts that have been edited I did not see, I was so thrilled to hear everyone discussing their beliefs. How can we live in peace if we don't understand? However, I do realize there may be better venues for such discussion. As for me- Christ follower and DVC member since 2007.:love:

Thanks for the encouragement...since I started this thread and have been discussion with the moderator...We can try to share here and see what happens. I am thrilled so many DVCers are Christians and would like to find out more about them and others as well.

I was born and raised Roman Catholic, but my wife would say I was cured. ;) I attended Catholic schools for 12 years and was an altar boy for 9 years.

I considered myself Christian then; and still consider myself Christian now. I have been attending Presbyterian services for the past 16 years. Presbyterians seem to vote on everything. I believe in one God. I believe in the teachings of Jesus Christ, I just am having a hard time with the concept of his divinity. My human mind is just having a hard time grasping this. From my studies, he was declared divine a couple of centuries after he died by people just as flawed as the rest of us, and did not declare himself divine. However, I respect everyones right to believe what they want to believe, even non-Christians.

Oh Yeah... We've been DVCer since 2000.

Hello - Catholic myself, not a DVC owner, though I would like to be - just not in the cards financially for our family at this time - maybe someday.

I know that there has been some reluctance to get into theological discussions here - but I wanted to reply to your post with something that might help - I have a BA in Catholic Studies and have almost finished my MA in theology - I have also taken a fairly in depth Christology course.

Although you are correct in saying that Christ's Divinity was not stated explicitly until a couple of centuries after His death, there is actually a fairly interesting approach to arguing for His divinity from Scripture.

First, understand that in Jewish custom and law, there were a number of regulations a person had to follow - times of fasting, avoiding things that would make a person "unclean", following the 10 Commandments in terms of honouring parents - etc. We also need to accept that Jesus Himself followed these requirements as a first century Jewish man - He would not have been able to go to the Temple in Jerusalem if He was in a state of ritual uncleanliness.

Now, secondly, Jewish custom and law allowed for exceptions to the requirements - for compassionate reasons, a person might be excused from fasting if they were ill.

Next, consider the scripture accounts where Christ told the person whose father had died to "let the dead bury the dead" and follow anyway. Or the situation where Christ is asked why His followers did not fast, and He said that they will fast when He is gone, but not while He is with them. On both of these occasions, Jesus is excusing people from following Jewish law on HIS AUTHORITY.

Now, consider an analogy - I own a company and have made a policy that I will ONLY hire people with a degree in Geography. One day, you come to me as a friend in need of a job, but you don't have the degree. I offer you a job anyway, since it is my company and I made the rule (which I am not changing, just making an exception in your case) - I can do that!

So, if Jesus gives someone an exemption from a Jewish Law on His own authority, there must be a reason He can do this. Since it was accepted that the Jewish Law was given by God (God was the author of the Laws and Covenant), only if Jesus was the author of the Law would He have the authority to grant an exemption.

This leaves you with two options - Jesus DID have the authority to grant the exemption as the author of the Law - and as the author of the law, He is God, Divine. The other option is that Jesus was a lunatic, with delusions of divinity.

For Christians, at least, the second option really isn't a valid choice.

I hope this helps, or at least gives you something to consider.

My apologies if posting this was inappropriate.

Feel free to PM me if it would be better to discuss this in that manner - or PM me with another thread link where you would like to discuss this.

Why this thread was moved has me baffled. It is interesting that we can ask what state you live in, what you do for a living, and many more topics that really have absolutely nothing to do with DVC. But the minute someone asks about Christain DVC members the thread is moved. I guess it isn't my job to reason why, but I still do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter