DVC Cash Reservations

bam

Never Enough Vacations
What is the difference between DVC cash reservations and booking DVC units through regular Disney Reservation System? Which is usually cheaper?

DVC cash reservation booked through MS is 25% off of the rack rate. When you book with Disney you get the same price as the general public.

DVC cash reservation booked through MS is 25% off of the rack rate. When you book with Disney you get the same price as the general public.

And right now CRO is offering some great discounts on DVC stays.

Member cash reservations will not always have the 25% member discount since that is not always available. It's always a good idea to see what the same villa would cost thru CRO - with the knowledge that the reservations won't be linked together and you might need to move or at least check-in a second time.

This past Nov. when I checked into getting one more night at SSR for a studio thru DVC...cost would have been around $239 a night and that was the DVC discounted rate.

However a couple of weeks after I made this res. Disney's main website was offering a "Fall Back" special for the same room...it was only $179 a night. So I canceled the DVC and just went with the Disney Fall Back special.

I booked a cash reservation through DVC to add on a night to an upcoming trip. Then I got a 40% offer being an annual passholder. The strange thing was that the 40% off was $25 more expensive then the DVC cash rate. Probably because it was for a Friday night though-

Last summer our DVC discount rate for a Value studio at AKV was just about the same price as for a regular AKL Pool View room with the 40% AP discount (once the AP rates came out). We chose to keep the studio to see what the value studios were like and for the extra ammenities even tho the other room guaranteed the view. We ended up having a LOVELY view of a tree top. But we had our kitchenette.:rolleyes1

If you book the cash room with the same type of room and view as your DVC reservation ( both 2 bdrm standard view) why would they make you move rooms?

If you book the cash room with the same type of room and view as your DVC reservation ( both 2 bdrm standard view) why would they make you move rooms?
The CRO and DVC reservation systems do not "talk" to each other. At a minimum, you have to go to the front desk and check out and back in again between the points and cash portions of your stay. You get new room keys.

The resorts do try to keep you in the same room, but sometimes it just doesn't work out that way. I have not heard of anyone having to actually move for some time so the resorts are doing a good job keeping people in the same room when they can.

I assume you are talking about the AKV for your example, because it is my understanding that the standard view rooms at the BWV are not available for cash reservations. Neither are the boardwalk view rooms. There are also other categories that are not available for cash. The dedicated 2 bedroom units with 2 actual queen beds in the second bedroom at the BCV are another example.

Last summer I got the DVC discounted rate for a Saturday night at VWL. When an AP rate came out it was $12 cheaper, but I kept the DVC rate to avoid having to check out and in again. I know some people would prefer tp save the $12 but it wasn't worth it to me that particular trip.

The CRO and DVC reservation systems do not "talk" to each other. At a minimum, you have to go to the front desk and check out and back in again between the points and cash portions of your stay. You get new room keys.

The resorts do try to keep you in the same room, but sometimes it just doesn't work out that way. I have not heard of anyone having to actually move for some time so the resorts are doing a good job keeping people in the same room when they can.

I assume you are talking about the AKV for your example, because it is my understanding that the standard view rooms at the BWV are not available for cash reservations. Neither are the boardwalk view rooms. There are also other categories that are not available for cash. The dedicated 2 bedroom units with 2 actual queen beds in the second bedroom at the BCV are another example.

I was talking AKV. Are there dedicated 2 bedrooms in AKV Jambo with standard view and are these available for rent or just the lock offs?

Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter