• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dvc button!!

Muppet_Girl

Mouseketeer
I'm leaving in a week!!!:cool1:And I am super excited about these DVC celebrate buttons! :thumbsup2 Does anyone know where you actually can obtain the button???? TIA!

Maybe they have them at check-in. If not, I would guess you get them from Guest Relations at the parks like the Birthday and other celebration type buttons.

Beginning 2/26/10, DVC members will have their own special celebration buttons. Buttons that say "Member Since" will be available for DVC members to customize with the year they joined the Club. Guests wearing these buttons will be greeted by cast members with the phrase "Welcome Home".

I hope this helps too!:hippie::woohoo:

Can't wait to see what kind of buttons they will have? I hope someone posts them today :hippie:

General Disney News
Last Updated: Feb 23, 2010 - 1:07:26 PM

Main Disney News Page
Celebration buttons for Disney Vacation Club members
By Leah Zanolla
Feb 23, 2010

The celebration buttons at Disney theme parks have become even more popular since the "What Will You Celebrate?" promotion began. Now, Disney Vacation Club(DVC) members will have their own special buttons. Beginning February 26, buttons that say "Member Since" will be available for DVC members to customize with the year they joined the Club. Guests wearing these buttons will be greeted by cast members with the phrase "Welcome Home," a greeting already heard throughout the DVC resorts.

Disney is also hoping these buttons spark questions from other guests about the value of DVC membership, which would lead to "free" advertising for them.

Buttons are available in several locations. At Walt Disney World, they can be obtained from any DVC resort, DVC Information centers, and Guest Relations locations. At Disneyland, they are available at DVC Information centers, check-in at the Grand Californian Hotel, City Hall at Disneyland Park, and Guest Relations at California Adventure.

I'm gonna have to get me one of those! LOL. I collect pins so it will be a nice addition to my collection. And anytime you can get something free from Disney... LOL. I'm hoping that I get a 30TH Anniversary pin too when we go in April.
Nancy princess:

Do you have to be celebrating something in order to get the DVC buttons? I'm really excited for them and hopefully I can get one!

no you don't have to be celebrating something.

I got mine on Saturday at City Hall in Disneyland. They didn't think they had them at first, and then the gal from the back brought out a bag of them. They did ask for my DVC member card (the blue one) and then wrote in the date I became a member on the button.

I can tell you first hand they are VERY good 'free advertising' for DVC. We got ours on Wednesday (at the DVC Tour Offices) after meeting our guide in person for the first time (we bought on the phone and had to switch guides because our initial guide was VERY uninterested in selling to us).

Wednesday afternoon, we were in Magic Kingdom and we were greeted by nearly EVERY cast member with a 'Welcome Home'. It was cool. But... we were ALSO questioned by QUITE a few people about DVC and how it worked. We were more than happy to answer any questions, so... it all worked out for us.

The buttons are nice. The characters at the character meals seemed to make a big 'to-do' over them when they noticed them, so...

Figured I'd pass along our observations.

CY

We got ours when we checked in at Bay lake Tower and EVERYBODY says welcome home when they see it. Many CMs hadn't seen them the first few days. They asked what they were.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter