DVC benefits buying resale

Kim Gillihan

Kluvdisney
I know there are lots benefits you don't get anymore when purchase resale.

What benefits do you get if any?

Free parking at parks?
Discount tickets?

Anything?

Thanks so much . Kim

I know there are lots benefits you don't get anymore when purchase resale.

What benefits do you get if any?

Free parking at parks?
Discount tickets?

Anything?

Thanks so much . Kim

Currently the definite benefits are access to TOTWL, pool hopping and DVD rentals (although they are slowly removing the DVD players from the rooms).
You won't have access to discounted AP's nor discounted tickets on the odd chance they even offer them which has been very, very rarely.
You are restricted from using your points for the Disney collection and the Concierge Collection but can still trade thru the World collection but you generally get better value by renting out your DVC if you want to go someplace else anyway and I don't consider that any value lost.

Currently the definite benefits are access to TOTWL, pool hopping and DVD rentals (although they are slowly removing the DVD players from the rooms).
You won't have access to discounted AP's nor discounted tickets on the odd chance they even offer them which has been very, very rarely.
You are restricted from using your points for the Disney collection and the Concierge Collection but can still trade thru the World collection but you generally get better value by renting out your DVC if you want to go someplace else anyway and I don't consider that any value lost.
Thank you so much!

So you can still go to TOTWL? What about the Epcot lounge?

You'd have access to the EPCOT lounge only if you purchase direct or purchased your resale contract prior to 4/4/2016

The Epcot lounge is not permanent and I wouldn't recommend spending thousands more for access to it, TBH.

TOTWL yes, but not the Epcot lounge. It's only guaranteed thru this year anyway. Of course no absolute guarantees for TOTWL but I think it'll continue.

To access TOTWL do you have to be staying at BLT? I thought I read somewhere that you did but now I cant seem to find it.

To access TOTWL do you have to be staying at BLT? I thought I read somewhere that you did but now I cant seem to find it.
No. Only on blackout dates, which are exactly the dates you think they're likely to be -- NYE, July 4, and the extra "special" fireworks days around those dates.

You must, however, be DVC. Renters do not get access.

No, it's been several years since that was a requirement. Now you have to be a DVC member staying somewhere onsite at WDW. It can be a cash stay. There are 4 nights I believe that are blacked out for this and then you do need to be DVC staying at BLT. July 3, 4 and Dec 30, 31st.

Great, I guess it was an older article I had read about that. Thanks for the info. Will have to check it out on our next trip.

Is TOTWL 21 and over? Can teens go?

You don't have to go into the lounge to see the fireworks. There is a very large deck (with a chest high solid wall) in front of the lounge that nearly everyone uses to watch the fireworks. (Views / windows from the lounge itself are often blocked by those standing on the deck - which is more like a large concrete plaza than a traditional deck)). You can access the deck without entering the lounge.

But children are allowed in the lounge if you prefer to sit in there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter