• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DVC at Contemporary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abbk71

Earning My Ears
Hi All, took the DVC tour this past Tuesday night at SS. Was thinking about buying very soon, but couldn't shake the rumor of a DVC at the Contemporary. Of course our salesman wouldn't give us an answer so I took it into my own hands. I visited the Contemporary the next morning and did some investigative work: 4 out of 5 cast members at the CR told me the new construction WAS a new DVC Family Suites building slated for sale beginning in 2009. I think we are going to wait now. Only worry I have is that maybe the points or the fees are going to be astronomical because of the location.... I could always go resale at one of the other DVC resorts then I guess. I doubt AK will be sold out by then either. Anyways, just thought I'd pass all this along!

Abbk71, I see that you are new to the boards, welcome!:yay:

Have fun planning your future DVC resort! And thanks for the investigative information. Fun, huh!:thumbsup2

I doubt AK will be sold out by then either.

Maybe not, but I can pretty much guarantee it will cost you $6-9 more per point and have 2 years fewer remaining on the contract than today. Certainties in life: death, taxes, DVC price increases. ;)

For the past 3-4 years they've been raising prices $3 per point about every 8-10 months.

Abbk71,

Welcome to the DVC boards. You are correct that CR cast members have been calling it a DVC addition for quite some time. However, nothing has been announced by DVC.

Personally, I think it may be a shared use building, with DVC units and regular Disney Suites, since CR is a popular convention hotel. I guess it depends upon how fully booked the renovated South Wing is between now and the new building completion.

As to maintenance fees at CR...it is anyones guess. I would have expected AKV fees to be higher since (I assume) they must share some of the animal costs with AKL, as it is "show" for both resorts....unless those animal care costs are picked up by the AK park.

For CRV, part of the dues will depend upon what portion of the Monorail costs are attributed to DVC.

Welcome to the boards. You did quite a good investigation. Thanks for passing on the information.

Abbk71
Don't take the little poking at too seriously.
The Contemporary rumor and CM talking have been going on forever.

Oh, Also
Abbk71

Welcome to the dis and post lots more.
:welcome:

:sad1:

I am so sorry. I guess some of us don't look at post counts before cracking wise.:sad2:

Stick around, we may surprise you!:thumbsup2

:sad2: No one should be made to feel this way, especially when they are new to our online community.

Hi All, took the DVC tour this past Tuesday night at SS. Was thinking about buying very soon, but couldn't shake the rumor of a DVC at the Contemporary. Of course our salesman wouldn't give us an answer so I took it into my own hands. I visited the Contemporary the next morning and did some investigative work: 4 out of 5 cast members at the CR told me the new construction WAS a new DVC Family Suites building slated for sale beginning in 2009. I think we are going to wait now. Only worry I have is that maybe the points or the fees are going to be astronomical because of the location.... I could always go resale at one of the other DVC resorts then I guess. I doubt AK will be sold out by then either. Anyways, just thought I'd pass all this along!

Abbk71, if you are waiting solely on rumors, I would be careful. As others stated...no official announcement yet from Disney, plus the cost will most certainly be higher.

Thanks for the info! I did not know this and am glad you posted (and as you can see I have a few more posts than you :hippie: ), that's just the info I was looking for.

My wife and I have loved visiting WDW over the last few years and thought seriously about buying into DVC last year but she got pregnant and we decided to wait. If this turns out to be true I think it would be perfect for us especially considering we'll be bringing our little man with us from now on!

Even if this was a few years out that would be fine with us as that's about the time we'd buy unless a GREAT deal on pre-sales came along that really tempted us. Thanks for the info!

In August I spoke to one of the engineers who was exiting the construction site. He stated (in a matter of fact way and without hesitation) that the new building was a timeshare (DVC). Even though it hasn't officially been announced I believe the new building will be DVC. Most CMs I spoke to also said the new building was DVC. The only skeptics are here on the DIS.

The same thing was happening with the Grand Californian hotel in Disneyland. The new construction, everyone wanting DVC, and as it turns out it will have mostly villas for the hotel, and only 50 DVC 2 bedroom units.

So, one must take rumors with a grain of salt and wait for the "official" DVC announcements before taking anything as gospel.

I am still waiting for the monorail to run through the Swan and Dolphin as was sworn to by numerous boat captains for years and years, LOL!!

The same thing was happening with the Grand Californian hotel in Disneyland. The new construction, everyone wanting DVC, and as it turns out it will have mostly villas for the hotel, and only 50 DVC 2 bedroom units.

So, one must take rumors with a grain of salt and wait for the "official" DVC announcements before taking anything as gospel.

I am still waiting for the monorail to run through the Swan and Dolphin as was sworn to by numerous boat captains for years and years, LOL!!

just to clarify, at the Grand California, it is 50 DVC 2-bedroom equivalent rooms. So it could technically be 50 1-bedroom and 50 studio units. ;) Or at least 1 can hope! I might would go for a 1BR, but a 2BR for just 2 ppl would be overkill.

just to clarify, at the Grand California, it is 50 DVC 2-bedroom equivalent rooms. So it could technically be 50 1-bedroom and 50 studio units. ;) Or at least 1 can hope! I might would go for a 1BR, but a 2BR for just 2 ppl would be overkill.

Yes, they most likely will have some or all of those available as studio/1 bedroom units. But even counting them as 100 possible units at tops, it is still a drop in the bucket when the Grand Californian will have a total of 945 rooms at that point.

This is why I am not convinced the Contemporary is building an exclusive to DVC only building. But, time will tell...

The same thing was happening with the Grand Californian hotel in Disneyland.
We know a lot more about the CRV than we did about the Grand Californian. We know that a building was designed to be a DVC at the Contemporary Resort. We know that the building going up at the CR has the same basic design as that DVC building. We know the basic floor plan of what is being built at CR - and it's the floor plan used in DVC-like buildings, not the floor-plan Disney uses for other suites, etc.

We know a lot more about the CRV than we did about the Grand Californian. We know that a building was designed to be a DVC at the Contemporary Resort. We know that the building going up at the CR has the same basic design as that DVC building. We know the basic floor plan of what is being built at CR - and it's the floor plan used in DVC-like buildings, not the floor-plan Disney uses for other suites, etc.

We don't "know" anything to be fact until DVC makes an announcement. There is lots of speculation, and investigative reporting here thus far, LOL!

I am still leaning towards the multi use building speculation such as Grand Californian turned out to be.

Since we're in major rumor mode about CR DVC, does anyone know the buzz on the total # of villas there will be? :surfweb:

I have gone back to the beginning of this thread and it has been heavily edited for the removal of text and in some cases whole posts. This includes posts that were quoting the removed portions.

Although some of this was under the guise of humor, everyone does not always take the written word the same way on the internet.

Please refrain from posts that may contain sarcasm or are argumentative in nature. This will be a warning and any further posting with more of the same will have infractions awarded.

Thanks for your compliance.

Now back to the topic of DVC at the Contemporary.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter