DVC AP Purchase Locations

DizMagic

DIS Veteran
I read on another post that it seems you can now purchase a DVC AP at your resort and get them printed on a hard card (similar to the KTTW card) opposed to the flimsy paper one.

Is this accurate? And which resorts offer this - only DVC resorts or any resort? Also, if I am not booked at that resort on the day i want to the buy the pass, will they still sell it to me?

As far as I know, all resorts can now sell all of the various APs (Tourist, FL Resident & DVC Member).

When we went there in April it all depends on which resort you are at. They have different systems and that decides if you get the hard card or the flimsy paper.

can you recall which resorts had hard pass capabilities? since we will be using this card for a year, i would prefer the hard pass. but ive been a "regular" AP holder for years now so if i must do paper - i will :)

Disney has added bar code readers to all of the theme park entrances. So if the magnetic strip won't read, the CM can scan the bar code. So there is really no need to replace APs due to issues reading from the magnetic strip.

As far as I know, all resorts can now sell all of the various APs (Tourist, FL Resident & DVC Member).

I spoke to MS today about renewing our DVC AP's. I was told I can renew with them over the phone and when I come to Disney I would go to a will call or guest relations window to pick up the new cards.

I asked if I could pick it up at our hotel when we check-in (BLT/Conotemporary) and she said no. I had read on this forum that you could do it that way so I asked her to check. She put me on hold and came back and said, no I can't pick it up at the hotel. She said regular AP's can be pick up at the hotel but not DVC renewal AP's.

I bought my DVC AP's in March at the AKL concierge desk. I got hard cards. I think all concierge desks sell APs now. They didn't ask whether or not I was staying there.

My sister that lives with me got a new hard ticket AP at Kidani last month.
I have had my AP for almost a year now and mentioned how mine is paper. She was nice about it, but didn't offer to make me one of the hard ticket type.

We just stayed at Old Key West for a week and we bought our annual passes at the Concierge desk in the lobby- hard cards.

Nice, going to Kidani next week and would love the hard cards. Hated the paper ones, seems they always needed to be reprinted.

Nice, going to Kidani next week and would love the hard cards. Hated the paper ones, seems they always needed to be reprinted.

No need to have them reprinted anymore. Disney has included bar codes on APs that the CM at the gate can scan if they don't read otherwise.

No need to have them reprinted anymore. Disney has included bar codes on APs that the CM at the gate can scan if they don't read otherwise.

Ah, so now WDW AP holders can have the misery I had at DLR with an AP. It would SAY it scanned me in at the gate, and then it wouldn't work in the FP machines. *fabulous*

The two options were to find a CM and get a "fast pass ticket" to use in the machines the rest of the day, or to hop to the other park. That's easy to do at Disneyland Resort...not so much at WDW! What a pain... And nope, they never once offered to get me a new card, even when the CMs had to key in my AP number for the discounts because the mag strip had also gone....

Ah, so now WDW AP holders can have the misery I had at DLR with an AP. It would SAY it scanned me in at the gate, and then it wouldn't work in the FP machines. *fabulous*

The two options were to find a CM and get a "fast pass ticket" to use in the machines the rest of the day, or to hop to the other park. That's easy to do at Disneyland Resort...not so much at WDW! What a pain... And nope, they never once offered to get me a new card, even when the CMs had to key in my AP number for the discounts because the mag strip had also gone....

Has anyone had trouble with the FP machines at WDW?

This is AWESOME! :banana:

I don't even really care about paper vs. plastic, I am just excited that we can get the APs at AKL instead of the park. So much easier! :thumbsup2

similar thread bounced around awhile back

has it been established if (as i've been able to do @ guest services in the parks) you can now buy the AP @ the resort...

*w/o the DVC voucher in hand

&

*if you could upgrade a partially used (current within the 14 day time period, not expired) MYW ticket toward the purchase price?popcorn::

Except that if the magnetic stripe doesn't work, your card won't work at the fast pass machines all day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter