DVC AP 9%-10% increase

drusba

I went to Iowa once, and it was closed.
New ticket prices are out. Most tickets have just over a 3% increase. That includes the regular AP and PAP which went from $634 to $654 for the AP and $754 to $779 for the PAP. However, the discount for the DVC (and Florida) AP has fallen from about a 23% discount to a 19% discount and the PAP from a 20% discount to 16%. The DVC (and Florida resident) AP thus rises a little over 9% from $485 to $529, PAP 7% from $605 to $649. Renewals have a little higher increase, close to 10% from $409 to $449 for DVC (and Florida resident) AP renewal, and close to 8% from $509 to $549 for the PAP. I have found nothing on the site (at least not yet) to indicate Disney has dropped the no expiration feature of buying a new AP, i.e., you can still activiate it years after you purchase. And there still is no special deal for new PAPs like last year or late 2012.

Last edited:
DVCMember.com has this pricing up today:

http://i235.*************************************NewDVCAPCost.png

My quick compare shows:

http://i235.*************************************DVCAPCompare2.png

Last edited:
Omg I can't believe how much they have gone up again. This is insane. Awwww I wish I renewed or purchased new ones already. It's alot more. Ughhhhhh

I'm mad I didn't purchase the 10 day non expiring tickets. I don't see them on Undercover Tourist anymore

Nevermind....they are back.. They were NOT there last when I looked. Purchasing today for the future. I didn't want to lay out 3k before.....but now it's a no brainer since I CAN'T get them in the future.

We've only done an AP once.....and we've considered it for the future. It bothers me a bit that they reduce the discount for DVC from $149 to $125. The parks may not have survived 9/11 if not for DVC members. Looking back on the history, Disney was in serious trouble. It's a troubling sign for all of America when greed trumps everything. Sure park attendance it up, it makes sense to raise prices in a business sense. But to raise prices AND reduce your loyal following discount is a slap really. I know I know....we bought a timeshare and only get a room. We're not OWED anything. However, it leaves a bad taste. When you take care of your most loyal customers, they take care of you.

Edit......I didn't realize the discount used to be only $100.....while it sucks that it's gone down from $149, $125 is still above the old discount.

Last edited:

I have renewal question. We are DVC members and we bought our first PAP back when they were offering the free upgrade deal. We did not activate them until 12/27/14. They are set to expire on 12/27/15. We have loved having PAP and we will have gotten three long trips out of them by the time they expire.

If we renew them in December 2015 will they automatically take effect on 12/28/15 or do they start the first time we(which will be 4/2016) enter a park. We will not be going back to WDW until April 2016 so we do not want them to start until then (so we can get 3 trip out of them again).

Does this question make sense?

I have renewal question. We are DVC members and we bought our first PAP back when they were offering the free upgrade deal. We did not activate them until 12/27/14. They are set to expire on 12/27/15. We have loved having PAP and we will have gotten three long trips out of them by the time they expire.

If we renew them in December 2015 will they automatically take effect on 12/28/15 or do they start the first time we(which will be 4/2016) enter a park. We will not be going back to WDW until April 2016 so we do not want them to start until then (so we can get 3 trip out of them again).

When you renew your passes the start date reverts back to the date you originally activated your passes. In your case 12/27. The date in which you renew doesn't matter nor does the date in which you first use your renewed passes.

The renewal only extends it 1 year from the previous expiration no matter when you first use it which is why it sometimes still makes sense just to purchase a new AP rather than to renew depending on how your trips are scheduled.

A renewal is continuous, no change in dates. I always space my trips so that my AP is used before it expires and then buy a new one for the next trip, which is usually at least 6 months away.

It bothers me a bit that they reduce the discount for DVC from $149 to $125.

The $149 discount is a really recent discount (summer 2012). It was a flat $100 discount before that. So I can't find it in me to get worked up that Disney rolled back part of that.

The $149 discount is a really recent discount (summer 2012). It was a flat $100 discount before that. So I can't find it in me to get worked up that Disney rolled back part of that.
Yes but when it was $100 weren't children AP's less than adult. If you don't have kids then it doesn't make a difference but for a family of 4 having to pay adult rates for a 5 year old and a 9 year and having the discount reduces is annoying. A regular park hopper pass has kids rates why doesn't AP?

Yes but when it was $100 weren't children AP's less than adult. If you don't have kids then it doesn't make a difference but for a family of 4 having to pay adult rates for a 5 year old and a 9 year and having the discount reduces is annoying. A regular park hopper pass has kids rates why doesn't AP?
True. I *think* the reason they stopped the child's AP rate was because people were buying one for their kid simply for AP perks (parking, discounts, etc.). I think it would have been just as easy for Disney to say a child's AP wasn't eligible for perks, but Disney clearly saw they could make more money by charging all AP holders the same rate.

It went from $100 to $149 when they matched the Florida Resident rates. Now the Florida Resident's discount has been reduced, so DVC goes down too.

I really wish the DVC discount would include disneyland resort as well. The only DVC discount offered for us west coasters is $20. Come on DVC spread the love to other parks.

Me too. And I wish they had a reasonably priced pass for both parks (the WDW/DL one was outrageously expensive last time I checked).

Me too. And I wish they had a reasonably priced pass for both parks (the WDW/DL one was outrageously expensive last time I checked).

For a couple of years I purchased the premier pass that worked at both WDW/DLR but that's when I had multiple trips planned and the value was there.

Yes, your question makes sense.

You should not renew. You should buy a new AP for April 2016. You should buy the new AP's prior to the 'next' price increase in possibly Feb of 2016.

It would only make sense for you to go the renewal route if your 3 trips were going to all take place by Dec 27, 2016.

The general rule of thumb on AP renewals has always been 90 days. If you're going within 90 days, renew. If not, buy new.

Omg I can't believe how much they have gone up again.

Agreed. Not that it will help but I did e-mail DVC member services expressing my disappointment with the % increase. It obviously will have no impact but it was a way to vent and also lets them know there is concern with the increase

They won't stop removing more perks and increasing prices until people stop spending the money to go to the parks. They are a business and are trying to make as much profit as possible. You would do the same if it were your business. Now, when do the prices get to be too much that it starts to decrease park attendance?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter