DVC Annual Pass Renewal

SimbaNoodle

Welcome home? It's like I never left.
Hello DVC'ers, My annual passes are getting ready to expire. Can I wait and renew them at the parks when I go in a month or do I need to before they expire. I have been saving my change for them and would love to just pay for them when I get down there.

You can renew up to 60 days before and 30 days after the expiration date on the pass. The expiration date of the new pass will be one year from the expiration date of the pass being renewed.

I thought it was 30 days on either side (the last time I checked). We generally just renew online and print out the certificate. How soon are you going after the expiration date? Keep in mind that there is often an increase in August, so watch that too.

You do have to weigh the savings of renewal vs. new pass against the extra time though.

Let's say your pass expires at the end of June, but you won't be there until late July.

Renew now for $377.01 and your pass expires June 30, 2012.
Get a new pass when you go for $424.94 and your pass expires July 30, 2012.

So you get an extra month for $47.93. If you were planning on going that month, that could be great. If not, or if you get an AP year after yearr, it might not make any difference.

You do have to weigh the savings of renewal vs. new pass against the extra time though.

Let's say your pass expires at the end of June, but you won't be there until late July.

Renew now for $377.01 and your pass expires June 30, 2012.
Get a new pass when you go for $424.94 and your pass expires July 30, 2012.

So you get an extra month for $47.93. If you were planning on going that month, that could be great. If not, or if you get an AP year after yearr, it might not make any difference.

Very Good Point! :teacher:

Don't get so focused on getting the renewal discount that you wind up with something that will cost you more overall. Look at it this way; a $377 renewal is just over $1/day. The difference between the renewal price and the new price is $48, so if you aren't going to be going back within 48 days of your original one expiring, it would be better to just buy new.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter