• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DVC Annual Pass Discount

DVC has no control over discounts offered by other Disney divisions. All they can do is ask.

I understand and agree with your comment Michael. It doesn't hurt to try and if more members wrote to member services maybe just maybe we can get an AP discount at DLR similar to what we have at WDW.

I am currently booked in June with a regular package deal. We put in an offer on DVC in March, so we know we won't be able to use the DVC until October, which is our use year. If we close before our trip in June, and we have our DVC member number, will we be able to upgrade our tickets to PAP's, upon arrival in June to make a return trip in the fall at the DVC member rate? I didn't mean to hijack this thread, but was hoping someone could help :)
Yes. I bought an 8 day park hopper to book FP+ and got my member number before the trip. At MK we upgraded our park hoppers to DVC AP. No problem. The total cost of your tickets will be applied to the DVC PAP.

You only need your number. So if it's close, you can keep checking with member accounting, even while you're there. We didn't get our member cards until we got back, but we got a letter with our member numbers just before leaving.

Been there. Done that. No problems.

DVC has no control over discounts offered by other Disney divisions. All they can do is ask.

DVC has as much leverage as they need to get what they want from any other Disney division.

Maybe all they can do is ask, but their "ask" carries quite a bit of weight. There's a reason Disney is investing so much into DVC.

I know it's fashionable here to say that we're a captive audience and DVC has no motivation to look after current members. That's so wrong, on many levels. It's just bad business practice. There's a business book called "The Influentials". Essentially, 10% of people decide for the rest of us. Why? Because others gravitate and defer to expertise. For example, if you're not intersted in politics, but you want a quick summary for the upcoming election, you may well ask the guy in your office that you know eats and drinks politics about the election. The same is true for Disney. Everyday, all across America and the UK, when people start thinking about going to Disney and they start to seek out expertise on the subject: who do they invariably find?

How many conversations about Disney have you had with novices at work, church, etc.?

DVC members are more than just sure bet business over the next several decades. We are the experts on Disney that people turn to for advice. We are ambassadors.

It's good business for Disney to take care of its ambassadors. That doesn't mean they will. But. Let's not pretend that taking DVC members for granted is good business.

It. Is. Not.

Yes. I bought an 8 day park hopper to book FP+ and got my member number before the trip. At MK we upgraded our park hoppers to DVC AP. No problem. The total cost of your tickets will be applied to the DVC PAP.

You only need your number. So if it's close, you can keep checking with member accounting, even while you're there. We didn't get our member cards until we got back, but we got a letter with our member numbers just before leaving.

Been there. Done that. No problems.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!! We're planning to go back in the fall for MNSSHP. DH & I went last year and loved it, we want to take the kids this year.

We purchased via resale and are patiently waiting on ROFR. On our original documents it has a closing date of May 1. I'm not holding my breath as I've been following the ROFR threads and Estoppel threads.

Thanks again!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!! We're planning to go back in the fall for MNSSHP. DH & I went last year and loved it, we want to take the kids this year.

We purchased via resale and are patiently waiting on ROFR. On our original documents it has a closing date of May 1. I'm not holding my breath as I've been following the ROFR threads and Estoppel threads.

Thanks again!
The difference between the 8 day PH and the DVC AP was about $100/ticket - so it cost about $300 total for 3 of us to upgrade.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter