• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DVC Annual Pass discount/Upgrade?

Tink1073

Mouseketeer
Hi, We are new DVC owners and are considering annual passes. If I purchase my tickets ahead of time, can I upgrade to an AP at the park if we decide to and get the DVC discount?

Hi, We are new DVC owners and are considering annual passes. If I purchase my tickets ahead of time, can I upgrade to an AP at the park if we decide to and get the DVC discount?
Yes. You will need your DVC Member Card and all adults (ages 18 +) will need a photo id.

If you purchase your tickets from a 3rd party reseller (like Undercover Tourist), you will want to use the tickets to enter a park at least once prior to doing the upgrade. By using the discounted MYW ticket at least once, Disney will credit you the current gate price for the tickets and not what the reseller paid for them.

Great! I know there are rules to upgrading if you have various options, like if you have the Water Park option, you can only upgrade to the PAP? Is that true?

Great! I know there are rules to upgrading if you have various options, like if you have the Water Park option, you can only upgrade to the PAP? Is that true?
If you use any of the WPF&M options, then your only upgrade option is the PAP.

If you have used a water park option then yes you must upgrade to PAP but if you did not use an water park entitlement you can up grade to AP.

How about for Disneyland, any DVC discounts for APs there? My contract is set to close on Monday, and I won't have access to the website until next month.

Thanks for any info you can provide!!

How about for Disneyland, any DVC discounts for APs there? My contract is set to close on Monday, and I won't have access to the website until next month.

Thanks for any info you can provide!!
Disney Vacation Club Members and their immediate family (living in the same household) are eligible to receive a $20 discount on new Disneyland Resort Deluxe and Premium Annual Passports.

Disney Vacation Club Members and their immediate family (living in the same household) are eligible to receive a $20 discount on new Disneyland Resort Deluxe and Premium Annual Passports.

Thank you!! That's not much, but at least it's something.

You can also buy a water park annual pass. It's about $105 per person last time I looked.

Thanks for all of your help everyone! Last question, can I upgrade at the concierge at the hotel, or does it have to be guest services at a park?

Thanks for all of your help everyone! Last question, can I upgrade at the concierge at the hotel, or does it have to be guest services at a park?
The Resorts are unable to do anything related to Annual Passes. You will need to go to either a Park Ticket Window or Guest Relations Location.

Hi again, I have been getting conflicting information. I have 10 day park hoppers with water park and more. I want to upgrade to the new gold pass when we arrive. Will I be able to do this? I'm on hold with annual pass right now, but no one can give me a definite answer.

Hi again, I have been getting conflicting information. I have 10 day park hoppers with water park and more. I want to upgrade to the new gold pass when we arrive. Will I be able to do this? I'm on hold with annual pass right now, but no one can give me a definite answer.
Since your ticket includes water parks, you might have to upgrade to the Platinum that includes the water parks.

As long as you don't use your watermark entitlements, you will be able to upgrade to the gold pass. It's more accurately an "exchange" than an "upgrade." If you enter a water park, you'll be required to exchange for a ticket value for the entitlements you've already used.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter