DVC and Internet Service

anniet

DIS Veteran
Hi All -

For the first time, I'm taking a laptop with me. We are staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge.

Is there a charge for wireless service for DVC members? If so does anyone know how much?

Thanks

There is wired (not wireless) internet service there. Its free to DVC members staying on points.

Bring along a small wireless router (like an Apple Airport Express) if you don't want to be tethered to the wall.

uh-oh....

I don't mind being tethered to the wall, but since it's my company's laptop and I have a docking station at work, I have no tether...can I pick one up at Walmart? We leave early Monday morning, so no getting one from work....

There will be an ethernet cable in a bag hanging in a closet. If it's missing, the front desk can get you one.

Just an FYI...check your bill at checkout. Sometimes you still get charged for the internet fee. Just show them your member card and they will have the charge reversed.

Wireless access is available in the public common areas of all the resorts, (lobby, pool, etc). The cost is $9.95 for 24 hours.

Wireless access is available in the public common areas of all the resorts, (lobby, pool, etc). The cost is $9.95 for 24 hours.

Just so the OP isn't confused, keep in mind that this is not free for DVC members staying on points, and is separate from the (wired) internet in the room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter