DVC and free dining?

Glennie5

DIS Veteran
A teacher from my girls school is going to Disney during the free dining dates. He has rented points and is staying at one of the DVC's. Is it possible for him to add the free dining to his reservations (if there is anything left)? We have done free dining many times but we always book through Disney ourselves. I have no idea how it works with the DVC's and renting points.

A teacher from my girls school is going to Disney during the free dining dates. He has rented points and is staying at one of the DVC's. Is it possible for him to add the free dining to his reservations (if there is anything left)? We have done free dining many times but we always book through Disney ourselves. I have no idea how it works with the DVC's and renting points.

No in order to get FD you need to pay rack rates at a resort. DVC rates are already discounted.

As scard192 said, free dining promotions are not available when renting/booking DVC. You can purchase the dining plan with your DVC reservation, but it can't be added for free.

Thank you, I figured that they probably wouldn't be able to get it but told him I would ask here anyways.

On the plus side, renting DVC points is probably saving him more than free dining would, so he's ahead of the game. :)

He did say they got a really good deal by renting points. We have never rented points before but the more I read about it the more appealing it sounds.

We're renting points during free dining and we did the math (before FD came out, but suspecting it might) and we saved more money by renting points. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter