DVC and FD question

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by DisneyBliss7, Mar 14, 2013.

1. DisneyBliss7

DisneyBliss7 ''Wish upon a star''

Not sure if I'm asking this in the right board....If we rent DVC points from someone can we still get FD if it becomes available? I've heard DVC owners can't get FD, but since we aren't the owners I was wondering if it would apply to us? Thanks!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. spiceycat

spiceycat dvc-blt,vwl,bwv

you can't get free dinning if you are renting a DVC reservation.

you only get free dinning if you are paying rack rate for your resorts and your tickets.

4. DebbieB

DebbieB DIS Veteran

Wouldn't that be a kick in the pants if they gave FD to renters and not members?

As spiceycat said, you have to buy a full price room/ticket package through Walt Disney Travel Co (CRO). You can buy the dining plan at full price with DVC, you may still be ahead compared to free dining at the same resort.

5. TDC Nala

TDC Nala 1937, what a year that was Moderator

No free dining on any DVC reservations. It's only available on a specific type of reservation - minimum 3 night package with at least 2 day park tickets, booked through WDTC by the guest or by a travel agent on the guest's behalf.

6. Lynne M

Lynne M Moderator Moderator

Reservations made with DVC points are not eligible for free dining or any other promotions. You'd be using someone's timeshare, not booking a hotel room.

7. Missytara

Missytara I'm all ears!

OMG, that would be like stacking discounts and practically paying 1/3 of what the rest of us pay.

8. Sammie

Sammie DIS Veteran

And remember that if you rent points its a final transaction. So if Free Dining did come out, you would not be able to cancel.

9. DebbieB

DebbieB DIS Veteran

Seriously. I stayed in a BLT studio last week, it was 105 points, rack rate was $584 incl tax x 5 nights = $2,919. Renting @ $13 a point, it would be $1,365 so more than 50% off. And you ask if you can get free dining too?

10. mmmears

mmmears DIS Veteran

Yep. And depending on where you stay, "free dining" can be a really bad deal.

There is no incentive for Disney to add free food to a reservation that's already bought and paid for...

11. dvcHammer

dvcHammer Drinking at Disney

There is no such thing as free dining.

There are promotions that bundle the cost of food into your room rate and ticket package.

That is all.