DVC and FD question

DisneyBliss7

''Ohana means family''
Not sure if I'm asking this in the right board....If we rent DVC points from someone can we still get FD if it becomes available? I've heard DVC owners can't get FD, but since we aren't the owners I was wondering if it would apply to us? Thanks!

you can't get free dinning if you are renting a DVC reservation.

you only get free dinning if you are paying rack rate for your resorts and your tickets.

Not sure if I'm asking this in the right board....If we rent DVC points from someone can we still get FD if it becomes available? I've heard DVC owners can't get FD, but since we aren't the owners I was wondering if it would apply to us? Thanks!

Wouldn't that be a kick in the pants if they gave FD to renters and not members?

As spiceycat said, you have to buy a full price room/ticket package through Walt Disney Travel Co (CRO). You can buy the dining plan at full price with DVC, you may still be ahead compared to free dining at the same resort.

No free dining on any DVC reservations. It's only available on a specific type of reservation - minimum 3 night package with at least 2 day park tickets, booked through WDTC by the guest or by a travel agent on the guest's behalf.

Reservations made with DVC points are not eligible for free dining or any other promotions. You'd be using someone's timeshare, not booking a hotel room.

DebbieB said:
Wouldn't that be a kick in the pants if they gave FD to renters and not members?

As spiceycat said, you have to buy a full price room/ticket package through Walt Disney Travel Co (CRO). You can buy the dining plan at full price with DVC, you may still be ahead compared to free dining at the same resort.

OMG, that would be like stacking discounts and practically paying 1/3 of what the rest of us pay.

And remember that if you rent points its a final transaction. So if Free Dining did come out, you would not be able to cancel.

OMG, that would be like stacking discounts and practically paying 1/3 of what the rest of us pay.

Seriously. I stayed in a BLT studio last week, it was 105 points, rack rate was $584 incl tax x 5 nights = $2,919. Renting @ $13 a point, it would be $1,365 so more than 50% off. And you ask if you can get free dining too?

you can't get free dinning if you are renting a DVC reservation.

you only get free dinning if you are paying rack rate for your resorts and your tickets.

Yep. And depending on where you stay, "free dining" can be a really bad deal.

There is no incentive for Disney to add free food to a reservation that's already bought and paid for...

There is no such thing as free dining.

There are promotions that bundle the cost of food into your room rate and ticket package.

That is all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter