• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DVC and Dining Plan

kamikazecat

DIS Veteran
First of all, I am sorry if this is not the correct place. :goodvibes

We are getting ready to purchase 200 points at BLT tomorrow assuming there is availability for our upcoming trip (we have already purchased airfare) and I have a quick of question.

How does the dining plan work? Is that paid through member services or through Disney or when we get there?

welcome home:wizard:
all you have to do is tell ms at least 48 hrs before checkin
and then you pay at check in

I'm glad you asked this question. Do you have to buy a 1 day base ticket like you do with a regular reservation?

There has been talk that DVC will be requiring members to pay for the plan when they add it to their reservation in the near future, rather than pay for it at check-in.

There has been talk that DVC will be requiring members to pay for the plan when they add it to their reservation in the near future, rather than pay for it at check-in.

Hmmm...Where did you read this? I know they are adding the availability to pay for the plan before you check-in, but I don't think this necessarily means that it will be a requirement.

Any more info would be appreciated, Tiger :)

Hmmm...Where did you read this? I know they are adding the availability to pay for the plan before you check-in, but I don't think this necessarily means that it will be a requirement.

Any more info would be appreciated, Tiger :)

That is the way I read the article on dvcnews.com about enhancements. It would be an option but not mandatory.

I guess we will know when it happens. I hope they leave it as an option as I like not having to pay for it until we get there. I use my reward dollars and its nice to have until the trip to accumulate them.

I was wondering if someone would know this. We are renting DVC points in April Arriving on a Sunday leaving on a Tuesday. Can we request the Dining plan for 3 days seeing that we check out on that Tuesday at 11? We arent leaving til late night and we still are going to Magic Kingdom? Thanks

I was wondering if someone would know this. We are renting DVC points in April Arriving on a Sunday leaving on a Tuesday. Can we request the Dining plan for 3 days seeing that we check out on that Tuesday at 11? We arent leaving til late night and we still are going to Magic Kingdom? Thanks
No. The dining plan credits are based on number of nights. You will have all credits available as soon as you check-in.

Your credits don't expire until midnight the day you check out. If you got the dxdp,(3 TS each day) you would have plenty credits to carry over.

The member website states the new enhancements will give you the option of paying in advance for the DP or paying at check in (as I interpret it).

Members who prefer to pay for their Disney Dining Plan prior to arrival will be able to do so through Member Services when booking their reservation. Members who don't wish to pay in advance will still have the option of adding their Disney Dining Plan to their reservation as many as 48 hours prior to arrival and paying for the plan just prior to the start of their vacation

I spoke with MS yesterday to add the dining plan for our April trip. It sounded like you would have to pay for the plan whenever you added it in the future based on what the rep said. We'll just have to wait and see. Any suggestions for utilizing the DDP- we've always just used TIW before.

I spoke with MS yesterday to add the dining plan for our April trip. It sounded like you would have to pay for the plan whenever you added it in the future based on what the rep said. We'll just have to wait and see. Any suggestions for utilizing the DDP- we've always just used TIW before.

Maximizing the value of the DDP vs TIW requires you to make ADRs ASAP for the more expensive dining options (like a filet dinner at LeCellier is a good DDP use. Dinner eating a burger at ESPN Club is a poor DDP value..) In addition, map out the more expensive CS locations that appeal to you...

That's what we're doing for the next trip. I've figured out all of our favourite double-points restaurants for use on the DDP, and checked menu prices for some of the others. I have it all plotted for making the ADRs next month, and then we just have to remember to use the DDP when we need it most.

I am also still on the fence on whether to get DD on the plan since she just turned 10. Last year her BF ordered a steak at Le Cellier that was bigger than the two of them together. Not sure we'll get the full value out of it just yet. May just pay cash for the kid's meal.

That's what we're doing for the next trip. I've figured out all of our favourite double-points restaurants for use on the DDP, and checked menu prices for some of the others. I have it all plotted for making the ADRs next month, and then we just have to remember to use the DDP when we need it most.

I am also still on the fence on whether to get DD on the plan since she just turned 10. Last year her BF ordered a steak at Le Cellier that was bigger than the two of them together. Not sure we'll get the full value out of it just yet. May just pay cash for the kid's meal.

I believe that if they are in your room then everyone has to be on the dining plan.

I believe that if they are in your room then everyone has to be on the dining plan.

That's correct. If you purchase the dining plan, everyone on the reservation must have the dining plan. You can't pick and choose.

Once the DDP is on the reservation can I opt-out at check-in or am I stuck with it?

Once the DDP is on the reservation can I opt-out at check-in or am I stuck with it?

You need to cancel it through Member Services at least 48 hours prior to arrival. If you've rented points, contact the owner from whom you've rented the reservation. Under the rules, you are not allowed to add it or cancel it at check-in, and if a resort manager attempts to do so by cancelling and rebooking the reservation, it could mess up the owner's points in the system.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter