• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DVC adds online chat assistance to website

bostontim

Mouseketeer
I don't know if someone has reported this, but this morning I noticed an option to chat with a member services rep while I was looking at making a booking. It's nice to see DVC adding functionality to the website.

Wish MDE would do that! I really have little to no need to talk to a MS CM.

Not quite understanding the lure of this. If I wanted to chat with somebody why wouldn't I just call MS?

OKW Lover said:
Not quite understanding the lure of this. If I wanted to chat with somebody why wouldn't I just call MS?

Some of us prefer to multitask sitting at the computer vs. waiting on hold on the phone or trying to hold the phone in the crook of our neck typing or clicking away.

I think it's a good option to offer. I'll likely take advantage of it sometimes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Note2 using DISBoards

DVC has more and more people from abroad, not native English speakers. People who might not be comfortable "speaking" with a CM and prefer to "write" him.
I like this addition.

What can they do?

I tried it today and they couldnt cancel a day. Can they book? Or are they more for just reg. questions.

What can they do? I tried it today and they couldnt cancel a day. Can they book? Or are they more for just reg. questions.

They can't do much.
Anything that requires you to log in they can't do.
They can answer generic membership questions.

I can see it being helpful for someone new to booking a reservation with a couple of questions.

I would rather see them use our money to give us additional features when booking on line or the ability to see waitlists or transferred points.

MS occasionally makes mistakes while I am talking to them live, chatting IMO will be worse.

:earsboy: Bill

They need to start somewhere when they move forward with new technology. They have so many problems implementing new things that I think it is good that they start with some basic functionality before fully 'diving in'.

Sorry, but it bothers me when we complain because they don't have some functionality and then also complain when something new comes because it doesnt work specifically for us

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter