DUTCH WONDERLAND or HERSHEYPARK?

Definitely Dutch Wonderland if you are doing just one park. There used to be a MacIntosh not far from there where we stayed a few years back. It is perfect for young kids. They have a discount combo if you do Hershey and Dutch Wonderland, maybe an option so the grownups can have a little fun too. There are Cracker Barrels in that area, always a fun and inexpensive place.

Ok, you have all sold me on DW. We decided on June 13 a Monday. I hope it isnt too crowded as schools are still in then.
Now I need to find a hotel for less than $75 a night that is clean. Or do we drive the 3 1/2 hours there and back....hmmmm

Are there any Bob Evans around there?

Anyone been to Dutch Wonderland? or Hershey? I have a 5 year old daughter and 1 year old boy. Which park is better for these ages?
Also, where can I get coupons?
Cheap places to stay near here?

Thanks!!

another vote for Dutch Wonderland! we go every summer, my kids love it!

We always stayed at a place called Willow Valley. Its a little bit of a drive from DW, like maybe 10-15 minutes, but there are carriage rides there, the kids can feed the ducks plus there is a small indoor waterpark too.

we stayed at Willow Valley and loved it! highly recommend it:thumbsup2

Are there any Bob Evans around there?

There is a Bob Evans. It is at the corner of Rt 896 and Rt 30 at the Rockvale Outlets. Less than a mile from Dutch Wonderland.

Younger kids, like the OPs will love DW. It's really geared towards kids that age.

Take them to Hershey when they get older.

DS should have a great time too. He's been to WDW and Busch, and we have gotten Sesame Place passes in other years; this year we're getting Six Flags passes. He's happy that he'll be able to go on EVERY RIDE at DW since he's over 48 inches, and DD will have some restrictions. That makes him feel "big."

We're going to PA on Tuesday, June 28th and will stay till Friday, July 1 so we'll probably do DW Tuesday evening and all day Wednesday. Then Thursday we can do other local stuff and use our mini-golf passes from DW, ending up at the ball game. Friday we'll hit the train before we head home and beat the Fourth of July holiday traffic. I'm excited! This may be our only real vacation this summer so I definitely want to make the most of it.

Dutch Wonderland is designed for the ages that you have at the moment. In fact I think most kinds over 13-14 might think its a little waste of time and would rather go to the larger parks. Its a scaled down version in terms of size the rides are. Roller coaster, ferris Wheel, tee Cups, etc. all with children in mind and gear so they don't get scared but introduced.

13-14?? By 8 or 9 they are to old for Dutch WOnderland- my daughter loved it when she was a little kid but it is geared for the 7 and under crowd!

13-14?? By 8 or 9 they are to old for Dutch WOnderland- my daughter loved it when she was a little kid but it is geared for the 7 and under crowd!

That's the impression I had, too, so we're being sure to go this year while DS will still have some fun there. ;)

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest