• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Duration of princesses at Akershus?

princesspenelope

Earning My Ears
I accidentally made a reservation for only 2 at 11 am, when we needed a 3. No luck in getting them to fit another in, so our other option is a 2:50 ADR for 3. DH has me freaked out that the princesses won't be there at such an "off" hour for dining, he claims they only walk around for about an hour for each meal so it would be more during a prime lunch hour when they would be there.
I want to prove him wrong, so tell me they are there all day??:confused3

Our reservation was at 8:35 pm and they were all still there.

If you really want good ammunition, as part of your dining package at Akershus you get a free set of photos taken with whoever in your party wants to be in the picture along with one of the princesses. The pics are taken in a special "royal room" by a photopass photographer. You get one photo package per every four paying customers in your party.

So how could they offer the "picture package with a princess" with your meal if the princesses aren't there, right? The princesses are at Akershus for all of the breakfast, lunch, and dinner seatings. They will probably change over the course of the day, but there will be princesses there. We saw five of them during our seating that began at 8:35 pm.

There will be princesses there, they are at all the meals, no matter what time. The seating times coordinate so that new tables come into a room all within a few minutes of each other and the princesses begin their rounds. Never fear!

I accidentally made a reservation for only 2 at 11 am, when we needed a 3. No luck in getting them to fit another in, so our other option is a 2:50 ADR for 3. DH has me freaked out that the princesses won't be there at such an "off" hour for dining, he claims they only walk around for about an hour for each meal so it would be more during a prime lunch hour when they would be there.
I want to prove him wrong, so tell me they are there all day??:confused3

As long as PSB is open the Princesses will be there, thats what your paying for because it is not the gourmet food:rotfl:, did you cancel the ressie for 2?

We had a 2:10 ressie in May and we saw Belle of course, snow white, Arura, Cinderella and Ariel princess:

I woke up this morning at 5:45 my feet hit the floor and I was running to the computer to book my dinner reservations. While the computer was getting herself ready for her important duty I made my coffee........... I was thinking what a way to start my day. Just Disney and me making our reservation on this very important day, the 90 day mark!!

I start with the storybook at Akershus.......no availablity! It wouldn't even let me change the date any further then Nov 22nd... ARRR

I try with 1900.........nothing!

I try Teppen Edo.........nothing!

Ok. I'll be honest the system had me upset. I'll admit I was becoming teary eyed.:sad1:

Not only was nothing available for our first night at disney. The computer system wouldn't even let me do the 5 day in advance.

I try Cape may..............YOU WOULDN'T BELIEVE IT!! There was no availablity!!!! I scroll down and there it was Akershus Royal Hall....6:50pm. I"LL TAKE IT! OMG:rolleyes1

That was the only reservation that I could find. The only one I really wanted. I am getting ready to call to book the for the rest of my vacation. I just wanted everyone to know that there was some MAGIC this morning at the Danforth house. Just when I thought Disney was letting me down they sprinkled me with pixiedust. Good Luck everyone!!!

As long as PSB is open the Princesses will be there, thats what your paying for because it is not the gourmet food:rotfl:, did you cancel the ressie for 2?

No, I haven't cancelled the ressie for 2 yet.:rolleyes1..I'm STILL hoping there is a chance and trying every chance I can to get it moved to 3!! But now that I know the princesses are there all the time it makes the later ADR easier to deal with. I just need to deal with the fact my 3 year old might be a complete monster at a 3pm lunch!

DennisandAngel, I'm glad you got one ressie that you wanted!! I started pretty late making ADRs because I had no clue about the disney world dining system(my first trip as an adult!) and I've had lots of luck so far! Heck, I even have 2 ressies for Akershus!LOL

No, I haven't cancelled the ressie for 2 yet.:rolleyes1..I'm STILL hoping there is a chance and trying every chance I can to get it moved to 3!! But now that I know the princesses are there all the time it makes the later ADR easier to deal with. I just need to deal with the fact my 3 year old might be a complete monster at a 3pm lunch!

DennisandAngel, I'm glad you got one ressie that you wanted!! I started pretty late making ADRs because I had no clue about the disney world dining system(my first trip as an adult!) and I've had lots of luck so far! Heck, I even have 2 ressies for Akershus!LOL
I called to make more reservations this moring and got 1900 Park Fair and chef mickey at great times for my little ones. I am so excited. This is our first time to disney. We are excited. I even got a fantasmic dinner package for thanksgiving!! I hope you have a great trip!! I know we are!

Our last trip the only time we could get for CRT the entire week was a 2:30 lunch. I called almost every day to try to move it, but no luck. We just fed DD snacks in the parks until lunch and she was happy. We were in one of the very last seatings, there were just a few tables seated after us. What was great was that because the restaurant was clearing out, the Princesses spent more time at our table than we had gotten in our other character meals. They weren't rushed at all. So, there are good things to being stuck with a late lunch.

"I just need to deal with the fact my 3 year old might be a complete monster at a 3pm lunch!"

Just tell the princesses that you brought Maleficent to visit them.

What date is the ADR one that you may cancel the party of 2 for? I have a ressie on sept 18th at 11 am for 4 but will need it for 2, I have 2 ressies there and not sure I want to eat their twice but if I cant get a table for 2 then all 4 of us will have to go!

What date is the ADR one that you may cancel the party of 2 for? I have a ressie on sept 18th at 11 am for 4 but will need it for 2, I have 2 ressies there and not sure I want to eat their twice but if I cant get a table for 2 then all 4 of us will have to go!

Sorry, can't help you out it's for Oct 5. If I understand you correctly, I don't think you should have any problem downgrading your party size. I think increasing it is harder!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter