Durability of Magic Band

ErinsMommy

She believed she could, so she did
How strong/secure are they when worn? Has anyone had them fall off younger children that pull/tug at them either because of discomfort, etc.?

1- How strong/secure are they when worn?

2- Has anyone had them fall off younger children that pull/tug at them either because of discomfort, etc.?

1- Very strong.

2- Yes.

Thank you Robo - what happens in the case of them falling off and getting lost. Can someone access and use the reservations (whether fastpass or dining) that are linked to it? Once reported lost, do they replace it?

Thank you Robo - what happens in the case of them falling off and getting lost.

1- Can someone access and use the reservations (whether fastpass or dining) that are linked to it?

2- Once reported lost, do they replace it?

1- Yes, but not necessarily easily. (One person showing up at YOUR restaurant reservations would be kind of "obvious".) ;)
If the MB has charging privileges, the finder would have to know the PIN CODE in order to buy something.

2- They can be replaced, but they may (or may not) charge you the $12.99, plus tax, cost of the bands.
It's also possible that someone would turn the lost MB in to Lost & Found.

Thank you Robo - what happens in the case of them falling off and getting lost. Can someone access and use the reservations (whether fastpass or dining) that are linked to it? Once reported lost, do they replace it?

The likely hood of someone figuring out what FP+ reservations you have left on your lost band are slim to none.

If you realize you've lost a band, simply go to guest relations and they will deactivate the lost one and give you a replacement.

My question with them is water. How well will they do if worn in a swimming pool or at the water parks?

In theory anyone in possession of the band could get in to your room, use your FPs , get into a park, and buy stuff.

In reality, it's hard. Assuming you don't put your pin code and room number on the band.

As soon as the band is reported they can deactivate it, which stops it. And yes they will replace it, it's not unlimited (I know APs get 1 and 1 replacement per year), and it will be replaced with a grey unpersonalized band. As far as if you are staying on property, and using it for your room key, I don't know how many times they will replace it.

In theory anyone in possession of the band could get in to your room, use your FPs , get into a park, and buy stuff.

In reality, it's hard. Assuming you don't put your pin code and room number on the band.

As soon as the band is reported they can deactivate it, which stops it. And yes they will replace it, it's not unlimited (I know APs get 1 and 1 replacement per year), and it will be replaced with a grey unpersonalized band. As far as if you are staying on property, and using it for your room key, I don't know how many times they will replace it.

Total scare tactics Losing a MB would be the same as losing the old KTTW cards No one is going to be able to get into your room ( that info is not on the band room number ) or enter a park ( still need to scan finger ) and as stated by someone else you need to enter a PIN for purchases when charging
access attached to the band

Now if on the band you wrote all that info re-resort, room number, and PIN well that's on you

My question with them is water. How well will they do if worn in a swimming pool or at the water parks?
they are fine in water I wore mine for 2 weeks everyday even at the water parks and in the shower :)

Some report that they have lost MBs in the water (Water Parks.)

Some have had zero problems.

Total scare tactics Losing a MB would be the same as losing the old KTTW cards No one is going to be able to get into your room ( that info is not on the band room number ) or enter a park ( still need to scan finger ) and as stated by someone else you need to enter a PIN for purchases when charging
access attached to the band

Now if on the band you wrote all that info re-resort, room number, and PIN well that's on you

I never said it was on the band, in fact I went on to say "Assuming you don't put it on the band." Please read the whole post before you react.

It is different than losing a KTTW card, because I never let me 4yo carry his KTTW card longer than to get into the park.

The finger scanning is not foolproof, I've had days with my AP were the finger scan rejected me 2-3 times and they just let me in, no ID, no asking my name, just hit the over ride button.

I would HOPE that most people set their pin numbers better than there luggage but I bet a lot of pin numbers are 1234.

I agree it's unlikely anything will happen except the person that finds it will turn it into guest relations. But unlikely does not mean it can not.

Some report that they have lost MBs in the water (Water Parks.)

Some have had zero problems.

While the material that the bands are made out of is very durable and completely waterproof, at the end of the day it's a band and the connection point is two plastic cleats/teeth that stick into punched holes in the band. I could absolutely foresee the chance that you could lose one in the splashdown zone of one of the bigger slides at a water park.

I would at least think about putting some duct tape over the clasp area if I was going to a water park.

they are fine in water I wore mine for 2 weeks everyday even at the water parks and in the shower :)

The electronics are totally sealed in silicon. Unless you cut it open and they are tough to cut open. It will be fine.

My son wore one for 12 days straight on the Cruise ship (the cruise ship uses them for access to the kids club), he showered, bathed, swam, played at the beach, and did Everything a normal 5yo does and he didn't' destroy it.

I do wish they would make available the zip tie locks that they use on the ship. They were really nice, and seem to work well for keeping them closed.

My DD has played with her magic band everyday since our trip in April and it is still in good shape. They are pretty tough.

Also remember that no one has to wear the MagicBand. I just stick mine into my bag of the day and pull it out when I need it.

I am considering attaching mine to my purse strap since I don't like wearing bracelets or watches or things like that on my wrist.

Also remember that no one has to wear the MagicBand. I just stick mine into my bag of the day and pull it out when I need it.

I am considering attaching mine to my purse strap since I don't like wearing bracelets or watches or things like that on my wrist.

Why not just stop by any ticket booth and pick up a free plastic ticket to use, instead

Why not just stop by any ticket booth and pick up a free plastic ticket to use, instead

For me, the MagicBand came when I registered my Annual Pass. It's the same thing for me. I can wear it if I want but can't do that with a ticket. I think once I get used to things, I might wear it. But for right now, I'd have to wear it on my right wrist and I use my right index finger for the scan (I am left handed). Just not in synch with it. I do like the MagicBands but just not coordinated enough to handle wearing it on my wrist.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter