• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dumbo

MaggieMoo'sMom

Mouseketeer
My DD4 is obsessed with Dumbo. Being that I have never been to WDW, I know that we can ride Dumbo, but are there any more Dumbo related things? Surely some poor soul is not dressed as Dumbo?

There is, of course, enough Dumbo merchandise that you'd require a pack elephant of your own to haul away. (Exaggerating... but not much, I think.) If your little one is nervous about hights, there's a car from the ride sitting on the ground nearby, great place for pictures. I haven't seen a costumed Dumbo, but, hey, one trip so far, I haven't seen everything by a long shot, I'm sure.

Aside from the ride in Fantasyland and some merchandise, I can't think of anything else with Dumbo at WDW.

Lots of Dumbo merhcandise in Fantasyland, but aside from the ride, not much else. The new Fantasyland expansion plans call for a whole Dumbo themed area in 2012, though.

Lots of Dumbo merhcandise in Fantasyland, but aside from the ride, not much else. The new Fantasyland expansion plans call for a whole Dumbo themed area in 2012, though.

Where in Fantasyland do you find this merchandise? My DH is a HUGE Dumbo fan and I have never been able to find him anything Dumbo related? Am I missing a shop somewhere?

And, I remember the first year I went to Disney with my girlfriend (I think it was 1975), there was a "Dumbo" in the parade--and it was a person with the big floppy ears, etc. I've not seen one since.

As of my last trip (June, I think), they still had a Dumbo plush toy; I'd bought one for a co-worker's baby shower. Other than that, I can't remember any Dumbo merchandise.

Perhaps its been too long since I've been shopping in Fantasyland, but I remember coming across at least one large display of Dumbo plushes, pins and souveiners. I'm afraid I can't recall in which shop, and in thinking about it now, I have no idea where such a display would fit in: Sir Mickey's is adult clothing, Tink's Treasures is princess stuff, etc. It might have been an outdoor cart or the like.
Its also possible that I'm remembering a shop that's no longer there, before the days of Pooh's Thoughtful Shop. Sorry for the mis-statement.

if we are talking a meet & greet character, yes, Dumbo exists, but he's rarely out for anything currently. might change for the new MK.

right now, he's pretty much restricted to DLR where he appears in the Electrical Parade and flew over the castle in Magical!

I am a huge Dumbo fan as is my daughter. It was both of my children's first movie. In Disneyland in CA, Dumbo flies over the castle during the fireworks instead of (or in addition to) Tinkerbell. I saw footage on youtube. Hopefully, they will bring Dumbo's flight to Disneyworld someday. It was really amazing to watch!

I am a Dumbo FANATIC!!! You should see my home... I think I drive my husband nuts!!! I have a dumbo pin collection, more shirts than I can count, collectibles, antiques, plush toys, etc... all of which are Dumbo!!

A few weeks ago, my husband and I noted that the Dumbo ride vehicle that was stationary on the ground was missing. I'm not sure if it was taken out permanently, but it definitely is not there.

As for merchandise, you are very limited in the parks. There is a store in Fantasyland (right next to Mickey's Philharmagic) that at times has Dumbo shirts. Otherwise, check out the pin store in Frontierland for Dumbo pins, the "collectibles" store on main street for really nice (and expensive) Dumbo collectibles, and really any other store on mainstreet for Dumbo plush, mugs, etc.

I found most of my Dumbo collection online, including very fragile antique toys from 1941 (when the movie was released). The majority of my shirts came from E-bay, and I have quite a collection of pins that I either purchased online or in the parks.

Hope this helps!!!

Thanks for your responses. There is a Dumbo with a blanket on disneystore.com that says it is park merchandise. I know DD will love it, but I am afraid I will nt be able to find it there. Maybe I should order him and pack in in the luggage just to be safe...

If it's the plush I am thinking of (i.e. baby dumbo with a blanket wrapped around him) it is definitely in the parks. Saw it a few weeks ago, though sometimes they are few and far between actually in the Magic Kingdom. If you strike out in the park, try the HUGE Disney Store in Downtown Disney. They will most certainly have it.

If it's the plush I am thinking of (i.e. baby dumbo with a blanket wrapped around him) it is definitely in the parks. Saw it a few weeks ago, though sometimes they are few and far between actually in the Magic Kingdom. If you strike out in the park, try the HUGE Disney Store in Downtown Disney. They will most certainly have it.

You are right. And I also saw that they had it at the gift shop at the CSR (Panchitos) so I would assume other gift shops may have it as well.

It seems to me that World of Disney @ Downtown Disney had some Dumbo things --- I know they had some infant stuff with Dumbo on it, because I remember looking at it for a friend.

The Emporium on Main Street @ MK will have plushies, possibly t-shirts (they have a pretty big kid's section) and other small things. The plushies (if they are the same I saw in Feb) are completely charming and oh, so soft.

Ya'll are making me think I need to bring one back for my pal who is having her (adopted) baby TODAY!!!!!!

If you do a search for "Dumbo" on the www.disneyshopping.com web site, it will bring up three pages of merchandise: everything from kids pajamas, to plushies, to figurines. The precious memories and Lenox pieces (figurines) and artwork that are shown are available in the Art of Disney stores in the parks and Downtown Disney. There are also several different styles of plushies, some of which I've seen in the parks and at World of Disney.

I haven't been to Disneyland in many years but apparently there Dumbo makes a nightly flight around the castle during the fireworks. You can find it on youtube.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter