Dumbo Double Dare!!

As I understand it, the Carousel is a simple hotel. Nothing bad about it, but nothing outstanding either. I know some folks who only stay there and don't even consider anywhere else. So it can't be all bad! Fireworks from the rooftop viewing location, I believe, so that's cool. It's location being just about as "literally" across the street as you can get makes it a good choice! There's maybe 1 or 2 other hotels before the crosswalk? Something like that.

In 2010, I stayed at the Candy Cane Inn which was very nice. To us, anyway. Great breakfast included, super comfy beds, a fridge, and the grounds were just beautiful. But a friend and I split the cost of the room so that helped out. I had a little bit longer of a walk to the race start, but it still wasn't terrible.

I'm hoping to do this race too, and stay at the Sheraton Anaheim, using my points. I'll be walking to the start of the race through the back-way, near the parking structure. But that's OK. It's still closer than the Epcot parking lot walk to the WDW starting corrals!!

My family and I stayed at the Best Western Park Place Inn for the last couple of races. It is walking distance from everything, clean, affordable, and it has a pool and hot tub for after the race. I am a AAA member and split the cost of a suite with my family so it ends up being a really great deal at about $40 bucks per night per person. Already booked it for 2013 DLHM weekend. :thumbsup2

My friends and I just decided to do this. I think I've lost my mine. I'm training for Goofy 2013 and said I would never do back to back again, but here I go:) I believe we are staying at Best Western Stovall.

Jennifer

I just received permission from my Boss to go ahead and makes plans to do the Dumbo Dare (I work at a University and this is the weekend before the students arrive on campus.) :cool1:

Now to plan the transportation (BUF/YYZ,) how painful is LAX, there are non-stop flights from Toronto, night be worth the extra $$ to not have a layover flight, :confused3.

Where to stay, have already used my 2013 DVC points, :eek:.

A four medal weekend (DD, 10k, 1/2 and C2C) Wow! :woohoo:

I always stay at BW Stovall's for Disney races. It's just a short walk to the start/finish.

tolemommy said:
My family and I stayed at the Best Western Park Place Inn for the last couple of races. It is walking distance from everything, clean, affordable, and it has a pool and hot tub for after the race. I am a AAA member and split the cost of a suite with my family so it ends up being a really great deal at about $40 bucks per night per person. Already booked it for 2013 DLHM weekend. :thumbsup2

I stayed there last year. Seems more expensive this year.

We did the math
Goofy = 3
Dumbo Double Dare = 3
C2C = 1
four races, seven medals! :cool1:

If you wanted to get crazy (ha!) you could do Dopey and the DL 5k (if you can swing it and the 10k, which seems up for debate based on the timing) for six races, nine medals :cool1:

I've always wanted a medal if you've run every race Disney has. Then to dream further, I've been wishing for a 1/2 in Disneyland Paris and a Disney world wide medal.

Ok, it looks like I'm the only one NOT thrilled on this thread....a friend and I had already decided to do C2C, but we wanted to spread the trips over the year (I.e. not DL half and W&D). I too am a complete sucker for inaugurals, but there's no way to do the first Dumbo AND do C2C this year other than DL/WD since they announced it so late! (Or does someone see an option I've missed??). Guess I'll keep my plan of Tink/WD in 2014 and hope Dumbo is still going. And keep hoping for some WDW 10ks!!

oh, WDW 10Ks a whole new series of races/medals to do/collect, stop giving RunDisney ideas, lol.

I've always wanted a medal if you've run every race Disney has. Then to dream further, I've been wishing for a 1/2 in Disneyland Paris and a Disney world wide medal.

We have written a post on our blog about a Disneyland Paris half marathon and are keeping our fingers and toes crossed that it might happen. Also, DL Hong Kong race etc.....

We have written a post on our blog about a Disneyland Paris half marathon and are keeping our fingers and toes crossed that it might happen. Also, DL Hong Kong race etc.....

I put in a request to the reps at the RunDisney booth at the last Disneyland half. I'm sure they wrote it right down and sent it along to the powers that be...:rolleyes: On the other hand, you never know...

dreams91 said:
I stayed there last year. Seems more expensive this year.

Bummer, we split the cost 3 or 4 ways depending on how many of us end up registering and running the event. Makes it very affordable for my family and I.

While this may fall under the " I heard it from the bus driver" category, the question of international races was brought up at the Disney Blog meet before the DLand Half.

The official line was " we are working in it. Hold tight, will announce things as they are confirmed". Doesn't give any timeline, but would make sense that they want to expand.

Can't wait to see the coast to coast to coast to coast medal after adding a few new countries.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I put in a request to the reps at the RunDisney booth at the last Disneyland half. I'm sure they wrote it right down and sent it along to the powers that be...:rolleyes: On the other hand, you never know...

We talked with one of the rundisney reps at the Jeff Galloway Wine and Dine meetup and he said to stay tuned....hopefully for 2014 because I think it would be too late for them to announce a foreign race for 2013.

Got our hotel reservations today. These Disneyland races are going to be the highlight of the year for me. Love Disneyland and love Dumbo and Alice.

oh boy, I guess I better talk to my group and get our thoughts together on a room. I thought we would wait until we got registered but you all are scaring me! :cool1: DDD here we come!

We just booked our room at the Best Western Park Place! If there's availability at the Grand Californian at the 7 month window we will possibly be using points to stay there but otherwise we're all set with our hotel. Now we just need to register for the Dumbo!

I am definitely in for this! I'll already have my C2C this year with Tink and Princess, but I can't pass this up:)

Question about Best Western (both Stovalls and PPI) for those who've stayed there: From the photos on the website, it looks like the sink/vanity is outside the bathroom with no curtain or anything to close it off from the rest of the room. Is this true? Or is there a 2nd sink/vanity inside the restroom area? The reason I ask is that my niece-in-law and great niece may be joining me, but they will not be running -- just doing the parks. I really don't want to have to worry about waking the baby up when I'm getting ready at 3am.

Question about registration: Even though registration doesn't open online until Jan. 22, do you think they will have early registration open at the Tink Expo?

TIA!

Question about Best Western (both Stovalls and PPI) for those who've stayed there: From the photos on the website, it looks like the sink/vanity is outside the bathroom with no curtain or anything to close it off from the rest of the room. Is this true? Or is there a 2nd sink/vanity inside the restroom area? The reason I ask is that my niece-in-law and great niece may be joining me, but they will not be running -- just doing the parks. I really don't want to have to worry about waking the baby up when I'm getting ready at 3am.

Question about registration: Even though registration doesn't open online until Jan. 22, do you think they will have early registration open at the Tink Expo?

Reg will most likely be open at Tink.

As for the rooms ~ I've stayed at PPI in the king room and the 2 doubles room. The double room that I was in, the sink was in the bathroom. But the king room I had, the sink was outside the bathroom like you mentioned and there was no cut off from the rest of the room. Don't remember if there was something inside the bathroom. There was also a partial wall between the beds and either the pullout couch or the chair and table in both rooms, so if the baby is on the other side of the wall and not w/ the beds, she might not get woken up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter