• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dumbo and Barnstormer FPs now connected

We were able to get FP's for Barnstormer tonight right after we had gotten ones for Peter Pan. So as of this evening they were not connected.

(Assuming that the system is the same as that in use in 2005)

If one of the two rides allows pulling another fastpass right away then you can hit both in quick succession in either order, provided you don't already hold unmatured fastpasses from elsewhere in the park. More correctly, each ride has its own "lockout" time before you can get its fastpass or, after that, yet another fastpass.

So the one that is "disconnected" is not affected by fastpasses fetched elsewhere in the park and is not affected by the other.

But when you get a fastpass from the "disconnected" kiosk, the time for next fastpass as printed will not be "sooner" than as printed on any other fastpass you already hold. This means that if Dumbo was "disconnected", the fastpass will not say you can get another fastpass "immediately." This means that the time for next fastpass, as shown, could in some cases be long after the return time.

If the kiosk is really disconnected, the time for next fastpass should be omitted.

The lockout time can be adjusted, possibly several times a day. This makes it possible for kiosks to seem disconnected some of the time and seem connected some of the time.

I am just fooling around with my Touring Plan of MK and this makes sense why it won't now allow me to pick up a Dumbo FP along with another one now. We will be there on Feb 13th.... Would be great if people currently at the park can vouch if/when this does actually happen.

After several "flukes" in the last couple weeks, Dumbo remains disconnected from the system along with Mickey in TST, while Barnstormer now is connected to the system. This is all rather new.

Surprise FPs continue to print with Dumbo for PhilharMagic.

What I'd do is get an FP for an attraction you really want to FP, then get a FP for Dumbo, then try for Barnstormer (why not? they're next to each other). You never know...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter