Dumbest thing you ever did at Disney

on our first trip, early '90's I totally overbooked with character meals, to the point our DS and DD didn't want to wake up one morning:sad2:
another trip, DH & I had our wine flight and huge stein of beverage...oh, about 1pm lunch at Biergarten....and dearly paid for it the rest of the day.:lmao:We wanted to go back to the resort for a nap; kids wouldn't hear of it.

On our last trip (Oct 2013) we were enjoying a pool day after 2 rope-drop-to-close days. Just after a nap for DD5, I joined DH and DS8 for "one more swim" before getting some dinner - this was maybe 4pm. Freak accident in the CBR kiddie pool area and DD slipped & split open her chin with blood everywhere. Hotel manager came over, paramedics called, etc. Very nice paramedics put on a bandage and told us she either needed stitches or glue. Gave us the option of an ambulance ride to the hospital or having Disney call an urgent care place that would send a van. We didn't think it warranted an ambulance ride and a can ride back, so we opted for the urgent care van. Ugh. An hour before we even got there, THREE hours in the waiting room with only 2 packs of Teddy Grahams for sustenance, and an hour between the wait for the shuttle and the ride back. We ate dinner at the food court at 9:45pm.

An urgent care visit at home is maybe 45 minutes, so we had no idea it was going to take all night. And on our "rest" day no less.

So, our lesson learned is to take the ambulance ride and EAT before going to urgent care!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using DISBoards

The first time we went to the park, after they had installed FP, we walked past every FP machine and stood in all of the standby lines. We didn't understand what this Fast Pass stuff was all about - but we were sure you had to pay extra for it.

The first time I used the DDP, I didn't realize how many options there were for snack credits, so I ended up using them all on water bottles. Still kicking myself for that one. :headache:

Invited my father-in law-along. The only thing he didn't complain about was the belly dancer at Restaurant Marrakesh.

We went to Epcot with a couple for all of our 10 Years wedding anniversaries... We went drinking around the world and ended up in Canada, they were still supposed to be open stamping passports, well our Canadian brethren decided to call it a night early so we opened the little box at the passport place and stamped our own passports, but, not before we took our own little guided tour inside once of the Canadian buildings.... Very interesting stuff we found and places we went. When we were done we walked out of another section with no one to the wiser, we also ended up with a souvenir, a 2008 Epcot Cultural Diversity Certificate.... it was one of those nights....

Our trip to Disneyland a few years ago, we are from Iowa, and drove over to Arizona for my SIL's wedding. Iowa is an hour different time from AZ part of the year, and 2 hours different another part of the year (because AZ doesn't do daylight savings time). While we were in AZ, daylight savings time ended. That same day, we hopped in a rental car to drive to California. We had literally NO IDEA what time it was, but checked the clock in our room when we checked in and assumed it was right. Got up early the next morning to catch the first shuttle to the park to be there a half hour or so before opening. Ran out of the hotel. Waited at the shuttle stop. Waited. Waited. Waited. Waited. Yeah, turns out the clock in our room was an hour early. We could have easily called down to the front desk to confirm the time, but just assumed the clock was right.

I tripped while boarding Jungle Cruise, almost took out the CM loading the boat. I was so embarrassed and felt like such a moron. :rotfl:

Two big gaffes by me:

1. First trip ever. Stayed off-site at a dump motel (never again). Wife and daughter had breakfast scheduled at 1900 Park Fare at the GF. I drove to the GF and then went to PO-FQ to get our room keys and drop off our luggage for check-in later in the day. We had planned to go to Epcot so I was going to take a bus to the MK, ride the resort monorail to the GF, and then ride the monorail to the TTC and then to Epcot. I had been on the DISboards (yes, even 15 years ago) and had it all planned out. Parked the car and went to the PO-FQ bus station. Got on the bus and realized about 10 minutes later that I was on the bus to the ANIMAL Kingdom and not the MAGIC Kingdom. When I got to the AK I explained my idiocy to the bus driver who had me get off his bus and get on the next bus to the All-Stars. Went to the All-Stars and traded buses to the MK (jammed packed). Finally arrived at the GF monorail station. My wife and daughter were about to take a cab from the GF to PO-FQ if I didn't arrive in the next couple minutes (this was pre-cellphone) We were late to Epcot but still had an amazing time (No Soarin' or Test Track)

2. My wife went down from South Georgia in a van with my daughters' friends' family and I followed several hours later (Unfortunately, I had to work). This was also pre-cell phone. We were booked at PO-Riverside just before Halloween. Drove down at my leisure (about 4 hours) and made it to the lobby at PO-Riverside about 10 pm. Went to the front desk and the cast members paged my wife (who was waiting in the gift shop). They could not check in since the reservation was in my name and they wouldn't check her in until I got there. So they had to wait about 4 hours until I got there.

This was many years ago (20 years ago). My first time at the World with my husband and son. We arrived through the train station on my first time ever to Magic Kingdom. There was one of the 7 Dwarfs standing there and my husband said "honey go and get a picture with him" I went running over and stood next to the dwarf (don't remember which one it was). When I turned, there was a line of little kids looking up at me. I kind of slinked away. I guess I hadn't learned my Disney etiquette yet!
LOL! This reminds me of my 1st time at MK. I saw Winnie the Pooh walking with a CM and I followed so I could get a pic of Pooh. Well they eventually stopped, and a few people in line already at the meet and greet spot (this was before I even knew what those designated M&G's were). So a lady waiting in that line yelled at me for taking a pic of Pooh. I responded with "I'm only trying to get a pic of him!!!" She said as she pointed to a girl about 8-10 yrs old near Pooh,"Your daughter cut the line blah blah". I looked confused.. Um what? Hey lady, that is NOT my kid. Lol. She looked embarrassed & I just let it be and walked away. (I think I let it be. Might have scolded her since she was wrong. I mean it was a little chaotic, everyone was excited for Pooh but I was nowhere near that kid for her to think she was mine) Wonder if she got a hold of the mother of the random kid who line cut..

In Hollywood Studios, I walked from the area near Mama Melrose, all the way to the front gate.... with the back of my skirt tucked into my underwear.

A lady came up and nicely told me and blocked the view while I fixed it. I asked my sister how she couldn't notice?! She said, "Believe it or not, I'm not looking at your butt all day." Well, everyone else got a good view of it that day!:rotfl2:

2 dumb things. Both happened on the first trip.

We went in June - hot, humid, rainy, crowded

We stayed at the Alligator Bayou at POR. It was like an old apartment complex.

Taking my kids and sister to the Hoop-Dee-Doo. Both kids got sick after eating there and missed park time. Good old Pepto!!

Going on Splash Mountain right before it starts raining...because the second we got on it started down pouring. Of course they stopped it many times...while we were outside. Was not planning on getting that wet.

I did that roller coaster simulator at Disney Quest that spins you around like mission space, RIGHT AFTER coming from diner at Boma where I had eaten enough to feed all the animals in the savanna… I'm surprised I kept dinner down after that I felt so sick.

i made a planning error and forgot about the marathon! the car rental place had totally let me make reservations to pick up a car even though they were CLOSED for the pick up time and traffic was a hot mess after we got a cab. the extra crowds caught me off guard and while it all ended up being ok,i won't make that mistake again.

Here's one I think is about to happen:

Renting a "subcompact" car for 3 adults and a car seat.

The reservation was made before there was a need for the car seat, and it was booked through United using airline miles, so the car company can't upgrade it.

1)thinking check out was at noon and not 11. After having a late breakfast in the Mara at AKL, we were panicked when we got back to the room and couldn't get in. Go to the front desk and was all worried, but the CM explained that I was incorrect and she would reactivate my room key in order for us to get our stuff out ASAP. :thumbsup2

2)missing our flight and having to spend the day at the airport till they could get us on the next to Orlando. We were staying at OKW but having dinner at Narcoossee's so we had to convince the driver to take us to GF to make the reservation. (thankfully we only had carry on luggage) However, we have the dining plan and since we haven't officially checked into OKW it wouldn't work if we tried to use it, so while on the ME we were on the phone with OKW trying to do the online check in. We get to GF and manage to have the bell services hold our luggage while we dined. Everything went smoothly as the staff of OKW went above and beyond for us and had someone deliver our room keys and we were able to prove yes we did have the dining plan. :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:
After dinner we collected our luggage, boarded a bus to DTD to get another bus to OKW. Both bus drivers were like..."we don't normally get passengers with luggage on here". :tink:(NOTE TO SELF: The one time you are running late for the airport will be the one time your plane actually takes off on time)

The dumbest thing I ever did was take my husband, who I knew would hate every single second of it. He did. Yet, he wanted to come back this past Spring Break. Weirdo.

The second dumbest thing I ever did was leave my park tickets in the FP kiosk at EE, back in the good old days of FP-. There were people behind me too, and no one bothered to tell me. We went to try and go to the MK that evening and OOPS! No tickets. Luckily I had taken pictures of both the front and back of our tickets on my iPhone when we got them, and it was easily taken care of at Guest Services. Moral of the story: TAKE PICTURES OF YOUR TICKETS, ESPECIALLY THE BACK BARCODE!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter