Dumb things kids do

My two younger brothers were always doing crazy things. One time when I was about 15, they were about 5 and 7, they decided to play golf in the livingroom while I was babysitting. Sure enough, the golf ball went thru the window. No cracks or anything, just a perfect HOLE where the golf ball went through. After all 6 us exclaimed and laughed about how great it was, we realized we were in deep doodoo when mom came home. So, we pulled the blinds and drapes hoping she wouldn't see it:rolleyes1 First thing she did when she came home was open the drapes!

I also remember the time my sis's and I got tired of our younger brother telling on us for everything and then getting his way. Again I was babysitting. My sister decided to tie him to the chair in the family room so he couldn't turn the channels on the tv and she could watch her show. I happened to be in the kitchen attempting to cook dinner. Hamburgers. I set off the fire alarm. I didn't know he was tied to the chair and we all ran out of the house after I called the fire department because the stove caught on fire and even though I 'thought' I had it out I was scared. They found my brother tied to the chair in the family room. We had a lot of explaining to do.

My kids have done some crazy things over the years. Hair cutting was the worst of it. My one dd did take the shelf things out of the dishwasher once and got stuck inside. If it hadn't been for the shelf thing sitting on the floor I would have never found her.

Kelly

I did something dumb as a kid. I am sure I did many things, but this stands out in my memory. I was in MS and my brother was in HS. I was in the backyard one day, watering the garden, when I saw my brother in the dining room. My mom had the windows open and I decided to spray my brother with the hose...through the open window. Well, my brother was in the dining room because he was working on a poster for Spanish class. He had been working on it for weeks. It was a chalk drawing...big huge poster sized...supposed to be an advertizement or something. It was really amazing...WAS, until I sprayed that hose through the window. My brother was so mad that he slammed the window shut so hard that it shattered. My dad was just walking in the door from work...boy was he ticked to come home and see that. I think my poor brother had to pay for the window too. I still feel bad about it.

All of my kids have had their "D'oh!" moments. DD19 decided to stick her head through the slats of a child size rocker. Got her head in there and couldn't get it out. There she was, wearing a diaper and a little red rocker around her neck. :rotfl2: And, yes, I took pictures before i sawed it off of her.

DS26 decided at age 13 constructed a science experiment. He connected a small motor to a length of wire and wrapped the wire around a butter knife. He stuck the knife in a light socket and flame shot out about 4 feet.:scared1: Blackened the wall outlet. He "wanted to see how fast the motor would go."

And then Christian...oy...He didn't start walking until about age 5, but when he did, Katy bar the door! He loves water, any water. One day he came walking through the kitchen all wet. From head to toe, drenched. It took me a few minutes to figure out that the only water he could access was....the hall toilet. :scared: Sure enough, a couple days later I caught him standing over the toilet dipping his head in. After that, we got child-proof latches!

And I won't even tell you about the various hair cutting that went on...oy vey!

Wow the bolded...my son did the same on the front porch railing. Did you know ears only go in one direction?!? :rotfl2: You can fit your head through a lot of things, but those darn pesky ears! It got really fun when I was trying to figure out what to do and then it started raining. The mailman came by and saved us!

Same son... also played with an outlet one time. Also played with matches in the bathroom, then took off his pants, and got in the shower, forgetting to properly dispose of a match using one of the MANY water options in that very room. Must have set it on his pants and they subsequently started on fire. Walked downstairs and presented us with a pair of smoldering jeans. Cool.

Same son... also ate a quarter on a dare. Spent the night in the hospital so it could be removed the next day.

This same son wants to drive soon. You can understand my hesitation!

Climb a fence in a lightning storm wearing roller skates

I did this when I was a kid, my mom brings it up ever now and then :rotfl2:

My daughter stuck a bead in her nose, she was about 8, so old enough to know better, she also stuck my tweezers in the bathroom outlet when she was 10.:confused3

Well, my brother was the KING of things like this! (Any other Michaels out there? :rotfl2:):scared1:

What is it with Michael's?? My brother was ALWAYS attempting something that defied reason! There's this one - he was 10/11 - Christmas presents under the tree - he decides to find out what's inside of one with his name on... slits the tape with a buck knife, Dad drives up unexpectedly, Michael closes knife quickly right across the palm of his hand! Dad walks in, Mike is looking pale and a little guilty - says everything is fine, etc. etc... Then Dad notices blood pouring out of Michael's closed fist - off they go to the ER - Michael needed 12 stitches to close up the wound!! Doh!

This one wasn't on purpose - but Michael and his friends were playing football in the house - general rough housing, running around - Mike steps in my Mom's knitting basket - knitting needle goes through the bottom of his Nike - through his foot and out the top of the shoe - OUCH!! To quote the Brady Bunch - "Mom always said not to play ball in the house!"

Thanks for this thread - I don't think about being a kid with my brother often enough!!

My DS13, on a dare, took a bag of milk from the school lunch room and placed it into an empty locker before the Christmas holidays. It exploded the week they got back. :eek: Not a good phone call from the school.

My brother stuck 47 postage stamps on the cat. This was back when you had to luck the stamps. By the time my mom found him the glue had dried. Kitty got a haircut.

My brother also dropped the cat in the swimming pool and put him in the dryer. Luckily he couldn't reach the controls. Oh, and he baby powdered that cat too.

That cat just seemed to know my brother was handicapped and tolerated all of it.

When I was a child my siblings and I ate in the kitchen and my parents ate in the family room. Even so, we will still required to eat all of the food we were served. So I got "clever" and would stuff food in my napkin, go to the bathroom, and flush it down the toilet. Viola! Food gone and no evidence I didn't eat it (as siblings would tell.) One night we had pork chops (I was maybe 7.) I didn't want it. Did my trip to the bathroom. Later that night the toilet wouldn't flush and kept overflowing. My dad spent hours and couldn't fix it and had to call a plumber. The reason why it was broken? Pork chop bone stuck in the toilet. Oops!!! Don't know why I didn't think to take it off the bone first! It isn't like one eats the bone!!! Almost 30 yrs later I still hear about it!!!!

My middle child of five is a son - MICHAEL....and I could literally write a book about his antics over the years....One in particular stands out and is retold over and over (he is now 21/ and this happened when he was 10) - he found a baby squirrel and decided he needed to take it to school to let it go free behind the school so OUR CAT WOULD NOT EAT IT...(apparently there are no cats behind the school?) Well he managed to get it into his backpack and into the school and into his locker....the plan to free it was aborted when a teacher walking down the hall heard "odd noises" and banging coming from the locker...They had the janitor open the locker and they opened the bag and out comes this little squirrel!! The mayhem that ensued would make a great episode on a sitcom one day!! They ended up calling the fire dept/ police dept/ animal control dept and ME...YIKES - the stupid things children do.....
Moral #1 - No squirrels in school
Moral #2 - NEVER NAME A CHILD MICHAEL! EVER ----

A few years ago I decided to dye Easter eggs with my kids. I boiled the eggs and then took the pot off of the stove. While my back was turned my son (who was 5 at the time) placed the metal dipper on the hot burner for several seconds and then put it against the back of his sister's arm. Unfortunately, the dipper had gotten hot enough that she ended up with a "C" branded on her arm. (He had no idea it was that hot and would have never intentionally hurt her). Both kids were hysterical and I was so angry I sent my son to his room for fear that I would seriously injure him. Thankfully, it has since faded from her arm, but she still reminds him that her emotional scar remains.

The same sister had her hair and face painted with neon orange fingernail polish while she was sleeping during my son's 9th birthday slumber party. The boys came up with the bright idea and convinced my youngest dd and her friend to carry out their evil plan. Dh and I were not happy when we were woken up at 3 in the morning and had to get that stuff off of dd and her sheets.

About 4 years ago my parents were visiting and I noticed the boys across the street were up to something (as usual) :scared:. The 10 year old brother threw a rope over a pear tree that was right in front of their house and tied one end around his 4 year old brother's waist. The other end he tied to the golf cart. The older brother hopped on the golf cart and pulled forward pulling his little brother up in the tree (he was at the roof line) where he grabbed a bunch of pears off. Thankfully, he backed up and let him down gently. We never knew what they would come up with to do next.

Raise your hand if you see a BOY pattern here.

(God help us all, moms of boys!)

tink20 said:
Climb a fence in a lightning storm wearing roller skates

I did this when I was a kid, my mom brings it up ever now and then :rotfl2:

My daughter stuck a bead in her nose, she was about 8, so old enough to know better, she also stuck my tweezers in the bathroom outlet when she was 10.:confused3

Ugh. My DD29 did this. She put any and everything up her nose. Spaghetti, cherrios, beads, playdoh,you name it. And then one day she.stuffed bacon up her nose. It just about burnt her up and that.was the last of the nose stashing.

She was also the one who swallowed safety pinS and had to go to the ER.

Raise your hand if you see a BOY pattern here.

(God help us all, moms of boys!)

:rotfl: :lmao: :rotfl2:

Strangely enough, girls seem to be born with an inherent fear/respect for the universe. Boys are NOT...

My cousins' three boys were dressing for Halloween in their bedroom. They didn't wait for her to help with the makeup. Instead, the oldest and youngest helped the middle son color his clown face..... with Sharpie!!! And not just around the eyes and mouth. Nope. Half his face was purple, the other half was green. I've got a picture of that around here somewhere.... :rotfl2:

My BFF's middle son is a real pistol. She has intervened a number of times.
Once (when he was about 5) she saw him stacking "stuff" on the park bench on their back patio (rubbermaid tubs, empty sandbox, lots of large items, he had quite a tower going). When asked what he was doing, he told her he wanted to reach the roof and climb down the chimney like Santa Clause. He's pretty much an evil genius, so if she hadn't intervened, I'm pretty sure he'd have accomplished his goal.

Same little guy (at 4) siphoned gas (figured it out by accident) out of the lawn mower gas tank with a bike pump. He somehow managed to get a decent amount of it into a watering can and used it to water her roses. :upsidedow

My daughter convinved my son to touch a light bulb once. Burned the skin at the tip of his finger clean off. Two weeks later, she got him to do it again. :mad: :headache:

For the parents of "nose stuffers" out there. Here's a really cool tip that may save a trip to the ER. I learned this when a friend's son stuffed two peas up his nose. They were somewhat smashed and impossible to remove. She's a physical therapist and saw this technique used once in the ER.

She had me hold him firmly around the chest, plugged his clear nostril, put her mouth on his mouth and blew. Peas popped right out. :thumbsup2 Score one for mom. :lmao:

My middle child of five is a son - MICHAEL....and I could literally write a book about his antics over the years....One in particular stands out and is retold over and over (he is now 21/ and this happened when he was 10) - he found a baby squirrel and decided he needed to take it to school to let it go free behind the school so OUR CAT WOULD NOT EAT IT...(apparently there are no cats behind the school?) Well he managed to get it into his backpack and into the school and into his locker....the plan to free it was aborted when a teacher walking down the hall heard "odd noises" and banging coming from the locker...They had the janitor open the locker and they opened the bag and out comes this little squirrel!! The mayhem that ensued would make a great episode on a sitcom one day!! They ended up calling the fire dept/ police dept/ animal control dept and ME...YIKES - the stupid things children do.....
Moral #1 - No squirrels in school
Moral #2 - NEVER NAME A CHILD MICHAEL! EVER ----

When I got pregant for my first, my mom kept repeating that over and over! :lmao:

My daughter convinved my son to touch a light bulb once. Burned the skin at the tip of his finger clean off. Two weeks later, she got him to do it again. :mad: :headache:

How exactly were women denied the vote in this country for so long? :lmao:

Strangely enough, girls seem to be born with an inherent fear/respect for the universe. Boys are NOT...

I dunno...my DD was challenging in that respect. DS26 would say, "Can I stick my finger in the light socket?" I'd say no and he's say, "Okay" and be off about his business. DD would walk in the room and announce, "Don't put your finger in there. That snake, he bite me!" :scared: She was utterly fearless.

Haha, love these stories and glad to see there are more Michaels like my brother! :lmao:

I have one of my own.
My brother and my (male) cousin were sliding down a piece of plywood in their Roughskins jeans. It looked fun. Only problem was I was wearing a dress. :confused3 The splinters? Not so fun.

My brother...yes, his name is Michael...hates brussel sprouts...positively hates them! So much so that he pretended to eat them (the old put them in your mouth, wipe your mouth with a napkin and store the food there trick). He then proceeded to stuff the napkin with the brussel sprouts in my doll house! After a week or so, you can imagine what my room smelled like.

My dad, determined to find out why things smelled so bad, found the brussel sprouts in my doll house and proceeded to punish me (i.e., I got a spanking). He wouldn't listen to me...and I really like brussel sprouts.

A few days later, when I ran away to my grandparents house because my dad was being unfair and my mom wouldn't listen, my mom finally figured out why I was so ticked off. She then reminded my dad that brussel sprouts were one of my favorite veggies and that my doll house was one of my most prized possessions!

Yeah, my brother got spanked AND grounded...and I got the letter of apology that I demanded from both my dad and my brother before I agreed to come home.

I was a very precocious 6 year old -- and very stubborn too!

This is the same Michael that broke both arms trying to fly like Superman with a cape (i.e., bedsheet) off the roof of our 1 1/2 story home....the same kid that raced his go-cart into a tree...the same kid that nearly broke my eyesocket (my eye was swollen shut for nearly a week) with a rock buried in a snowball...the same kid that wondered if cats really always landed on their feet and dropped the cat out of the dining room window (and fell out with the cat too)...the kid who drag raced his camaro just after he got his license right by the police station (and then tried to convince the police chief...a good friend of the family...not to "rat him out"). Yeah...it's a wonder he's still alive (he's 51 now).

KC

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter