Dumb question...where do you keep *dirty* clothes?

OK, and now for my paranoia.....

What if the washer/dryer is not working in the villa? Anyone ever have that problem?

We have laundry bags and we put the items in those as we wear them. Then, we just put those in the luggage for the return home (not mixing it with any clean clothes). This keeps our clean clothes and dirty clothes separate.

OK, and now for my paranoia.....

What if the washer/dryer is not working in the villa? Anyone ever have that problem?

I guess it can happen from time to time so if you are concerned about this run a load immediately when you get into the villa so you can be confident that everything is in good working order. If there's an issue call maintenance without delay emphasizing that you need to be utilizing washer/dryer OFTEN. Maybe even call to see if you can be moved to a different villa if the repair timeframe doesn't seem reasonable to you. And if all else fails there are free washers/dryers for DVC'rs located by health club at BWV near Luna Park pool area; so at least that option is available to you.

:goodvibes

We throw ours into the washing machine and then run it when it gets full. we also do a final wash on our last eve so we don't bring any laundry back home.

One other tip, we now bring the 3 in 1 soap, softener, dryer sheets. They work well and are much batter than the powder soap in the unit.

One other tip, we now bring the 3 in 1 soap, softener, dryer sheets. They work well and are much batter than the powder soap in the unit.
Be careful. I used to love these, but I had one of those ruin a couple of my dress shirts---it's not a super-common problem, but it has been reported by several people.

http://coupondivas.com/product-reviews/purex-3-in-1-laundry-sheets-review/comment-page-2/

For what it's worth, the "fix" in the form letter one gets back after complaining didn't fix either of my shirts, and they both became "yard work" shirts---and I had just bought them within several months of the incident, so I was pretty annoyed.

I don't use these anymore. Now I use the powder that's in the unit, ordering more as needed, and pack a few "regular" dryer sheets instead. I'm thinking about getting an owners' locker for this and other odds and ends so I don't have to think about it for future trips.

Are all the villas with a w/d supposed to have a laundry basket? I think I'm 1 for 5 on having one in the villa. Can I call mousekeeping to get one if it's not in the room? I hate calling about things I'm not supposed to have anyway.

I never knew they were in the villa until this trip! LOL Found one under the master bathroom sink at SSR. I guess that's where they've been all along? :laughing:

We always travel with the pop up laundry baskets, each person in the family has one in the front of their larger suitcases. As for laundry, we just do it daily or as needed, they are smaller washers and dryers and does the laundry in no time. If I had my own car, I would just get liquid tide and dryer sheets and not bother with the purex stuff, daughter used it once when she was away for 4 weeks, but they are not good on certain fabrics, especially the "coolmax" stuff and certain others that they say not to use fabric softener on.

I tend to do laundry at night. Before bed, or start in the morning, flip a load to the dryer and come home and fold.

Be careful. I used to love these, but I had one of those ruin a couple of my dress shirts---it's not a super-common problem, but it has been reported by several people.

http://coupondivas.com/product-reviews/purex-3-in-1-laundry-sheets-review/comment-page-2/

For what it's worth, the "fix" in the form letter one gets back after complaining didn't fix either of my shirts, and they both became "yard work" shirts---and I had just bought them within several months of the incident, so I was pretty annoyed.

I don't use these anymore. Now I use the powder that's in the unit, ordering more as needed, and pack a few "regular" dryer sheets instead. I'm thinking about getting an owners' locker for this and other odds and ends so I don't have to think about it for future trips.

Thank you so much for the heads up! I used them on the last trip without a problem< but I would be really annoyed if that happened:confused:

You will have a laundry basket in the villa that you can use for dirty clothes. Or if you are coming from someplace else, just fold them up and put them in one suitcase. We also have a pop-up hamper that I use for dirty clothes. When it is full, I do laundry. I've done laundry twice since we arrived last Sunday. Four loads each time (smallish loads). We'll go home next week with clean clothes in the suitcases.

That's us too.

Assuming you have a 1BR/2BR, it's not a big deal to throw a load or two in first thing in the morning when everyone is getting dressed or last thing when you get home at night.

Aside from which, you are going to need to wash towels (unless of course you plan on spending $6 per day (???) for new towels).

Plus, doing regular laundry loads lessens what we feel the need to pack.

we do laundry everyday. We bring clothers for half the number of days so an 8 day stay includes 4 clothes. Everynight kids change and clothes go in wash. they wash and then in the am before we leave they go to the dryer.

no worrying about what to do with dirty clothes and we never have an excessive amount of clothes with us

purex wash/dry sheets caused my son to break into hives one trip..try one at home before your trip. my son isnt allergic to anything else that we know of

purex wash/dry sheets caused my son to break into hives one trip..try one at home before your trip. my son isnt allergic to anything else that we know of

I tried one at home, and placed one outfit of each of ours in the wash with it. None of us broke out. However I am not considering just bringing a small bottle of Arm & Hammer (the detergent we use regularly at home) instead of the Purex sheets, after reading about others' experiences with the sheets and certain fabrics. Better safe than sorry.

:) I also use the shout wipes. We stayed in a studio last year. The laundry was not so bad. I walked down the hallway and the laundry and got to watch the flat screen all by myself :goodvibes

We use the pop up hamper.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter