Dumb question re park hours

sharon lewis

Earning My Ears
I am a newbie so excuse me if I am dumb. I asked a question re park hours earlier and a bit confused. When it states the hours and is EMH is that included in the hours or is the EMH in addition. For example, we want to go to MK on Tuesday 4th April and Thursday 13th April. On the Tuesday it says 9am-10pm and on the Thursday it says 8am-12am with it being EMH for Thursday. As we are staying OFF site, does this mean MK is open for us 8am - 12am or is that just for passholders?

EMH is extra time that guests who are staying at a Disney property (ie on site) are allowed to spend in the parks. There is EMH is the mornings (the park opens one hour early to resort guests) and there is EMH in the evenings (the park stays open usually 3 hours past closing).

In order to stay the extra 3 hours during the evening, you must be a Disney resort guest, and you will get a bracelet that seperates you from those not staying on Disney property (or just those not participating in the EMH).

Since you are staying OFF site you will not be allowed to stay in the park after its normal public closing. They check bracelets as you enter attractions, and if you do not have the bracelet you will not be allowed to ride. Also, if you were to try to enter the park during the EMH after the park has already closed to the general public, you will not be admitted.

Hope this helps.

PS - you are NOT dumb :) tons of people are confused about EMH

I think the hours on the Disney site are the "regular hours" open to anyone, and then the extra hours are tacked on to those.

Crazy Kanga said:
I think the hours on the Disney site are the "regular hours" open to anyone, and then the extra hours are tacked on to those.

Correct. If the Disney Website lists the park hours as 8-12, that means that if you're staying on site, it would be open until 3am for Extra Magic Hour.

Since you're offsite, closing time would be as posted - midnight. :)

OK, I'm a little confused, too. :confused:

The MK times for Jan 29 are listed as 9am-8pm on the January Calendar, but its in green, indicating an EMH evening. So does this mean the park is open til 11pm?

Thanks! :flower:

Non-resort guests are allowed to stay in the parks during evening EMH hours, but just not allowed to ride any attractions.

Sharon...thanks for this post I was just trying to figure this out myself!

However, I do have one more question. On Fridays Epcot has EMH at night-it shows it on the FW schedule. So, if there are 3 extra hours and Future World's regular hours are until 7:00-it is then open until 10:00. But World Showcase's regular hours are until 9:00. Does that mean that WS is open until 10:00 with Future World? :confused:

Thanks!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter