Dumb question -- but easiest way from WL to GF?

heycher

Mouseketeer
Hi all! What is the easiest way to get from Wilderness Lodge to GF for dinner?

Thanks!

Hi all! What is the easiest way to get from Wilderness Lodge to GF for dinner? Thanks!

We like taking the boat to CR then monorail to get to Poly or GF. Another option would be boat to MK and then boat to GF. We find the boat to CR to be pretty fast and a good way to connect with the monorail from WL. Enjoy!

We like taking the boat to CR then monorail to get to Poly or GF. Another option would be boat to MK and then boat to GF. We find the boat to CR to be pretty fast and a good way to connect with the monorail from WL. Enjoy!

I like this idea, but the reservation is 4:40pm on March 10 (a week day) so the monorail will be down during that time I believe for construction?

Other ideas?

I like this idea, but the reservation is 4:40pm on March 10 (a week day) so the monorail will be down during that time I believe for construction?

Other ideas?

Ok so boat to MK and then boat to GF?

Just so I'm clear on this... are there 2 boats that run from Wilderness Lodge? One to Contemporary, and a separate one to MK?

Ok so boat to MK and then boat to GF?

Just so I'm clear on this... are there 2 boats that run from Wilderness Lodge? One to Contemporary, and a separate one to MK?

Since the monorail will be down from 11am until 7pm weekdays through March, you can take the boat to the Magic Kingdom and then get another boat to the GF. There are two sets of boats at WL - the red flag boat that runs to and from MK, and the blue flag boat that runs from WL to CR to FW.

But I think there will also be buses for the GF during the shutdown. They have redesigned the MK bus depot and there are now stops for CR, Poly and GF. It might be possible to take the bus to MK and then catch the bus to GF, if it is running then.

Yes, there are two boats. There's one route that travels between WL, FW and MK, and one route that goes between WL, FW and CR.

Keep in mind that you may need to wait up to 20 minutes for a boat at both WL and MK, if you take that route. It's a really pleasant trip, and I'd highly recommend it if you have the time. If not, use a taxi, you'll be there in about 5 minutes. Just ask at the bell services stand in front of WL, they'll get you a cab right away.

If the monorail is going to be down, I'd take the boat to MK and then hop on the boat to the GF.

Row row row the boat -- definitely do the WL to MK to GF --- I did it back in October several times, its a fun way to kill 20 minutes!

Tom

We take the water ferry, but monorail or even by foot are other options.

You can't walk from the MK to the GF and you can't walk from WL to the GF.

You can walk from the Polynesian or TTC to GF though.

Starting January 21 2014, the Magic Kingdom Resort and Express Beam will close on weekdays between 11:30am and 7pm for maintenance. The work is expected to be ongoing through the end of March 2014. The Epcot beam will operate as normal.

During the work additional busses and watercraft will be available for resort transportation.

It is a super fast and fairly cheap taxi ride from the WL to GF. That's how we go when we don't have a rental car.

Hi all! What is the easiest way to get from Wilderness Lodge to GF for dinner?

Thanks!

To get there, take the bus. One of the bus routes stops at GF to pick up after the WL pickup and you can get off at GF. I forget which route it is. Just ask the bus driver if they are stopping at GF. We used it many times to get to GF from WL and it is super fast and easy.

When we stayed in August, the AK bus from WL stopped at GF before heading to Blizzard Beach and AK. Not sure if that's still the case, but that would definitely be the easiest in terms of Disney transportation if it is

When we stayed at WL in early December, both the bus to AK and the bus to HS stopped at GF before going to the theme park. I don't think that these buses always go to GF first, but I'd ask as it is definitely the fastest way other than hiring a taxi.

I don't remember which one, but at least one of the buses from WL to one of the parks stopped at Grand Floridian before going to the park. I'm thinking it was Hollywood Studios. Ask one of the bus drivers to see if it runs that way all the time...we went early in December...might be different in busier times?

Otherwise, I agree with the boat to Magic Kingdom and then the boat to Grand Floridian.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter