Dumb Question about Vellum Paper

kaylie&laurensmom

I am addicted to Mickey
I am just about to start my very first Disney scrapbook!! I have a lot of ideas from this forum - thanks all!

My dumb question - what do you use to attach vellum paper to cardstock? If you use glue, does it not show through the paper? I want to do some titles, journaling, etc on vellum.

There is vellum tape, and Creative Memories has photo splits that are very transparent and work well.

There are vellum tapes out there. I have a couple different brands and neither one is perfect. Mainly I try to use brads or eyelets to attach vellum unless there is an easy place to "hide" the tape.

I have used different brands of adhesive tabs that are specifically for vellum, but you can still see them.

I agree with New England Eyeore and just try to use brads, eyelets, or hide it somewhere.

I agree with New England Eeyore, I usually place the vellum dots where I can then place an embellishment over it. I have not found anything that is 100% invisible.

I agree the vellum tape runners are not great. :( You can still see the tape. The best thing to use is brads or eyelets. But, you can always use the tape and put an embellishment over the tiny tape area. :)

I use my Zyron machine for vellum plus I also use brads to adhere them.

I always use eyelets or brads! :) Mostly eyelets because I love the way they look with vellum! :)

Honeybehr1 said:
I use my Zyron machine for vellum plus I also use brads to adhere them.

Do you mean the small little "X" shaped one? I have one of those but never thought to try it with vellum. I'll have to try it out.

Creative Memories have just brought out frosted photo splits which are supposed to show through less than the clear ones - also a range of new vellums! :smooth:

I worry about eyelets or brads not being acid-free - has anyone had any problems?

I never would have thought of using my Xyron for vellum. What a perfect idea! Sometimes the most obvious things just are hard to figure out on my own!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter