Dumb Q - Luggage Tags

Subi WRX

Hangs with Jerry Springer thugs at Universal
Disney insists we received 2 tags per person. We received one per.

Does anyone have a pic of what one full luggage tag looks like?

Seems to me they come in pairs, which need to be split vertically down the middle.

Disney now outsources their docs and won't send us more tags. I know we can get them at the port, but still annoying.

Wish they would just let us print our own tags online like every other cruise line.

They do come in pairs. One sheet is perforated down the middle and would be split into two thin strips. Don't have a picture, they are each the size of airline baggage tags. One thing, are you registered with two separate addresses? If so, they'll send separate documents and each will only have a set of luggage tags for the people at that address. (i.e. my sister and I each receive a separate book and each book has one sheet of two luggage tags.)

Another note, you may receive different people's luggage tags/documents on different days. We've had that happen before. Happens more often when you are in multiple residences, but it still happens occasionally in the same home.
Best wishes!

Thanks. My wife and I live at the same address, and the luggage tags (2 luggage tags) have both our names on each tag. It's been over a week since we received one doc package. Hardly seems likely we will get two doc packages.

Disney insists we received 2 tags per person. We received one per.

Does anyone have a pic of what one full luggage tag looks like?

Seems to me they come in pairs, which need to be split vertically down the middle.

Disney now outsources their docs and won't send us more tags. I know we can get them at the port, but still annoying.

Wish they would just let us print our own tags online like every other cruise line.

I can post a picture tomorrow. But there have always been two tags per person in our documents. They are long and skinny (about 4x18), and separates down the middle into two separate ones. One set had DHs name on them twice and one set had both DH's and my name on them. I will mention that one time the two sets (one behind the other) were stuck together and difficult to separate.

Thanks. Disney tried to tell me that they might be stuck together. They aren't. We only got two tags. At this point I'll take them to Kinko's and have copies made. I don't want to deal with it at the port.

OK, pictures:

The tags are printed two on a page, perforated. They all have two names on them. The first set will have guest #1's name twice, subsequent ones will have guest #1's name and guest #2 (or 3 or 4)'s name:

2100ver.jpg
t0rr4o.jpg

As I noted, on one of our cruises, the tags were stuck together. I wonder if maybe your second set actually wound up stuck to someone else's tags?

You have the most helpful pictures, Shmoo.

I'm curious about what the OP said about tags being outsourced and it being impossible to send more? Did the CM the OP talk to know the truth? That just doesn't sound right to me.

Thanks. My wife and I live at the same address, and the luggage tags (2 luggage tags) have both our names on each tag. It's been over a week since we received one doc package. Hardly seems likely we will get two doc packages.

Who is the lead on your reservation? If you are, then what happened is that they did not send you YOUR luggage tags. The ones with your wife's name on them are hers. Your name (or the lead on the reservation) will be listed on ALL the tags. And on the tags intended for them (the lead) it will have that person's name twice.

Call again and say you never got your tags. They will resend. But calling and saying you only got ONE tag each is what is confusing them because they are printed in sets of two.

We received our tags last night and only recieved one set with Lead name on the reservation. Are they not send tags for rest of the people on reservation? Last year we have three people and we each got 2 tags.

We received our tags last night and only recieved one set with Lead name on the reservation. Are they not send tags for rest of the people on reservation? Last year we have three people and we each got 2 tags.

Are all the people on your reservation at the same address? I've read that they send the cruise info/tags directly to the address for each name.

You should have gotten 2 tags each (to each person at each address).

Hmm...I might be second guessing myself but I think I've only ever received four total when there has been three guests travelling. Since I've always been the person who books the reservation, I get one with my name listed twice then the other three have my name and the other two passengers listed one time each for a total of 4 tags. It works out as we seem to take 4 suitcases (one is a smaller one we check) but I definitely don't feel like we've received two per person? I'll go digging later....

Heather

I recently received my tags and I have 2 with my name on (twice) them and 2 with my name and hubby's name on them. Two tags for each person...which is correct.

MJ

We had a similar issue. Only recv'd for 2 of us, not 4 of us. There were 2 tags for each of us for the ones that did arrive.

We were told that id we wanted another set it would be $50, (that's not a typo) or wait 3 weeks to see if they arrived from their ship date. Once 3 weks passed they were willing to send another set.

I just asked my friends who travelled with me last month and they confirmed they only received one each. Very strange! Luckily it's never been an issue but seems odd it's inconsistent.

Heather

Call me crazy (most people who know me do! :headache:) but I thought blank ones were available at luggage drop-off at the PC terminal. Did they stop offering blank ones at the port? :sad2:

Call me crazy (most people who know me do! :headache:) but I thought blank ones were available at luggage drop-off at the PC terminal. Did they stop offering blank ones at the port? :sad2:

Yes, there are tags at the port. But for those people doing DCL transfers from MCO, the bags will go directly from airplane to ship only IF they have their tags on. If there aren't enough tags, people have to claim their bags at the airport and get it to the bus to be delivered to the ship.

For those with small kids, the direct to ship option is real attractive.

Hi! I would check the cruise documents and see if they list both your names. Last cruise we got two sets of documents, with mine being separate from the rest of my family. If you are not both listed, the other documents should arrive any day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter