• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dumb annual pass question

Captjackson

Mouseketeer
We are planning a trip to DLR in November for my DS's birthday. Although DW and I have traveled to DL many times, we have never bought an annual pass, so here goes:

Are annual passes good for 1 year from day of purchase or are they good only for that calender year? (i.e., if bought in July of '06, are they only good for 2006?) I'm 99.9% sure it's the former, but am not positive.

Thank you in advance for not :rotfl2: ,

Vic

They are good for one year from the day that you purchased it. So, if you bought it July 2006 it is good to July 2007. :thumbsup2

spazzyjazzy said:
They are good for one year from the day that you purchased it. So, if you bought it July 2006 it is good to July 2007. :thumbsup2
Just to add, they are good for 366 days. So if you activate it on August 1, it is good on August 1 the following year. I'm not sure how it works on leap years though.

On leap year they would expire the day before you bought it (meaning, if you bought it August 1 2007, then it would expire July 31, 2008)

Donna

My guess and it is only a guess, leap years mean you just get one more day. I can't see them changing the date they expire because of leap year. Since it is an ANNUAL pass not a 365 day pass (even though adverised as such).

I've had an AP for 16 years, and it's always expired on the activation date of the following year (activated on March 13, 2006 expires on March 13, 2007), meaning that you get an extra day during leap years.

That being said, I never bought one on Feb 29, so I don't know when it would expire - I'd imagine they'd make it March 1, since it would be not-so-nice PR to cut off a day early. And in reality, it's not costing them anything to extend it a day simply due to the calendar anomalie.

My renewal has migrated from being around Christmas to being close to St Patricks Day now . . . I try to renew later rather than sooner. But if you renew by mail, then you keep the same dates as the pass you're renewing.

Also, if you are thinking of buying one, but aren't sure yet, you can buy a park hopper and then upgrade it to an AP on the last day. Then the AP starts from that day. However, if you think you want one, go ahead and buy it because you'll get discounts on food & such.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter