• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Duluth, GA to ATL transportation?

Momof2

Mouseketeer
Hoping there might be someone out there who lives in the Duluth, GA area and perhaps has a shuttle company or other transportation service that they can recommend for getting back and forth to the Atlanta airport. Thanks so much!

We tried a bus service from Duluth, Ga to ATL airport once and have never done it again. Even Marta was a hassle. We just drive and park at an off site parking lot.
The van going we had left WAY before our flight and then on the way back we sat in the van for an hour and a half waiting for another passenger to come along. Then they dropped her off first and us last. It was a total waste of time and not worth the $$ savings.
Quickest and easiest is to drive down and park at Peachy Parking. We have made it to the airport in an hour with no traffic from our door to security at the airport.
The people at Peachy quick and courteous and check out Groupon for specials. We have use them for every trip now when we fly out.
We did use another off site parking service (well known service) once and their service wasn't the same.

Hoping there might be someone out there who lives in the Duluth, GA area and perhaps has a shuttle company or other transportation service that they can recommend for getting back and forth to the Atlanta airport. Thanks so much!

Take a taxi or drive.

I use Park N Fly and have always been happy with the service. At the lot closet to the airport the Saturday rate is 99 cents and they give AAA discount. Sometimes they have other deals if you sign up for the emails. If I don't drive I live where I can take Marta which works well for me (I am close to a station and parking there is only $5 day)

Here's the list of approved operators to Duluth.

http://www.atlanta-airport.com/groundtransportation/shuttlesLocal.aspx

I know nothing about any of them but I would stick to an approved operator. (Of course since it's Atlanta that may only mean the politicians got paid to give their buddy a concession LOL!)

Thanks everyone. I really appreciate your replies. I will look into Peachy and Park N Fly. My concern about driving/parking is the cost for a 10 day trip. New to the area, so the potential traffic going through Atlanta to get to the airport is also a bit intimidating! Thanks again!

Thanks everyone. I really appreciate your replies. I will look into Peachy and Park N Fly. My concern about driving/parking is the cost for a 10 day trip. New to the area, so the potential traffic going through Atlanta to get to the airport is also a bit intimidating! Thanks again!

There are Gwinnett County busses that go to Marta stations if you don't want to drive. I am lucky to have a husband who would rather drive than waste time or wait for a ride home.

Taxis are WAY expensive for the amount of miles. Cheapest is probably Marta.

Check out Groupon as I think Park N Fly is on there also. Peachys deals are less thank $100 for indoor 10 day parking I do know. Just stay away from the "spot" one. We had a horrible experience with them.

How about a friend or coworker give u a ride to Marta?

Thanks Lylone. I'm still trying to figure out what all the options are - as I said, new to the area so I really don't know much about Marta - but I will certainly check that out.

Thanks Lylone. I'm still trying to figure out what all the options are - as I said, new to the area so I really don't know much about Marta - but I will certainly check that out.

Marta is like any other bus/rail system in a metro area. To some it may be intimidating as there are all sorts of riders. I am a 40 year old female who has lived in the Atlanta area since I was 7 and would be fine riding Marta alone to the airport during the day. At night, would be another factor.

It has had it's share of crime of most subway systems but usually those events have been late at night or by drunk riders. I just hide all my jewelry and don't carry a purse. I talk to my spouse or look out the window and don't make eye contact with anyone.
If you go on the weekends or during "rush hours" there will be fans going to and from sporting events and business/work folks on the trains and buses.

Nothing to fear, but do take the normal precautions to avert confrontations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter