Duffy the Bear Tree

Justin Jett

I will do my Elvis impression
149885_452746641539_691146539_5908819_3564116_n.jpg

Something about a Christmas tree made of bears just isn't right to me.
Seems like bear abuse. Bears are for hugging, not stacking in a pyramid!

Gee, if you poured gasoline over that and lit it you could make one huge bonfire.

Not that I'm SUGGESTING that..... really.... :)

My guess is that this is what the display at the outlet mall will look like in 6 months when Disney realizes that no one wants to be force fed merchandise in the guise of a "character" from nowhere but the marketing department. Or maybe I'm just hoping.

I guess i'll be the minority here...

That's a cute tree!!
I'm amazed at how Disney could pull that off, i've never seen a bear tree before.

it's for their annual toys for tots drive:santa:
Wouldn't it be a lot easier & have made more sense to just have given the hundreds & hundreds of Duffy bears it took to make that tree directly to Toys for Tots? By the time the drive is over, I doubt those bears will be in fit condition to be given to any Tots. They ask for new toys only. (NOT the Tots! The Toys for Tots folks!) :confused3

Sayhello

Where is this tree?? Looks like Epcot??? So that means the beautiful Epcot tree has been replaced by a bear tree. :scared1:

I agree those bears would have a better home in the arms of some loving, less fortunate children. And seeing them as a tree will not make me want to buy one. :confused3

Where is this tree?? Looks like Epcot??? So that means the beautiful Epcot tree has been replaced by a bear tree. :scared1:

I agree those bears would have a better home in the arms of some loving, less fortunate children. And seeing them as a tree will not make me want to buy one. :confused3

The Duffy tree is on the Future World side of the walkway from "Bob's Tree" in World Showcase.

154480_452748066539_691146539_5908828_1086350_n.jpg

That's just wrong on so many levels.... :rolleyes:

Sayhello

Yep, totally agree. I just got back so I saw it in person. Wrong on every level.

And the Photopass guy is right there in front of the tree. We stopped to get our picture and he wanted us to move over to get the tree in the picture. I told him no thanks, I do not want the Doofy Bear Tree in my picture, just Spaceship Earth. He was like "What? You don't want the tree?" ...
"Ummm, no, just the symbol of Epcot please."

I already have a bear. And he already travels. I don't need a new traveling bear.

It does rain in Florida. Wet, soggy bears! Who came up with that idea?!

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...‘cuddliest-christmas-tree’-for-toys-for-tots/

According to the official Disney Parks blog (cute pics, btw - worth a look), the tree was only set up for a day then taken down and the bears were donated. And good news Julie - they have clothes!

I personally love the symbolism. Toys for tots is a great long running charity that brings happiness to many kids. It is awesome that Disney participates. Looking at the pic of the marine putting the Duffy bear on the tree gives me goosebumps even though I know the pic was staged.

Sometimes you have to know the whole story before making a decision - I didn't buy into the whole bear tree at first but now I think it is kinda cool. :goodvibes

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...‘cuddliest-christmas-tree’-for-toys-for-tots/

According to the official Disney Parks blog (cute pics, btw - worth a look), the tree was only set up for a day then taken down and the bears were donated.

Thanks for the link and the information. I think it was an interesting idea to make a tree of bears and it probably brought Toys for Tots to a lot of people's attention, too - which hopefully meant they received even more donations. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter