Duffy Bear :'(

My best friend and I have a bit of a "love-hate" relationship with Duffy! I absolutely adore the pantaloons off of him, whereas my best mate... she's not keen at all. She admits she doesn't get him, and as PPs have said, she just sees him as a marketing ploy!

I am inclined to agree with this, it seemed that Disney had everything apart from a teddy bear - teddies are universal, all kids love them, so why not make a Disney one 'ey?!

We both became aware of him, and met him, for the first time last year in WDW in Orlando! I fell in love :rotfl: :rotfl: I just love his whole story and I just love how cute he is?! I also agree, that he is pretty big in WDW. Did anyone see the story where they have had to limit how much Duffy merchandise each guest in WDW can now buy as he was getting so popular?!

I have no idea if the WDW resorts still do this, but last year, on the resort TVs, they played this every night. It depicts the story of Duffy, and I LOVE it! It properly melts my heart :) Check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOhG3imRR6s

"Mickey, whenever you start to miss home, all you have to do is give me a hug and the love that Minnie put inside of me will chase away your sadness..."​

Ah, it gets me every time :sad: :)

your DS1 and my DD would have got on like a house on fire then :rotfl:, she was doing exactly the same thing on IASW (and the missing cats tail fur on POTC too).

he wasnt too bad on potc but a nightmare in pm espec with alot of the projections being off!!!

I have had a few friends visit Disneyland Paris in the last couple of weeks all reporting back that no one wants to see Duffy and that he hardly has a wait :sad:
Is it selfish of me to think oh good now I may not have to wait too long in the queue to meet him?!! ;) :goodvibes

Love the dress for Elsie, she will look adorable in it. :goodvibes

I have no idea if the WDW resorts still do this, but last year, on the resort TVs, they played this every night. It depicts the story of Duffy, and I LOVE it! It properly melts my heart :) Check it out:

"Mickey, whenever you start to miss home, all you have to do is give me a hug and the love that Minnie put inside of me will chase away your sadness..."​

That's seriously cute but I so much prefer the original story (when Duffy was called the Disney Bear) of how Mickey took his teddy bear to MK and Tinker Bell sprinkled him with pixie dust making the Mickey shape on his face. We bought one at DTD at WDW where he was originally on sale (I'm sure there was even a character Disney bear wandering round the shop) but I don't think sales were as good as they'd hoped and so he was revamped as Duffy for Japan ..... and the rest as they say is history.

I'm looking forward to meeting him but I'll always think of him as the Disney Bear! :)

I'm one of the few that I know that love Duffy. I love his different themed costumes! If he isn't that popular, then that is one character I know I can get a picture with!

He started in Japan as the Disney bear a bear Minnie made Mickey so that when he was away he wouldn't be lonely!

I think he was made because Disney saw how well build a bear etc was and thought this was their way of getting involved in it!

I see, that's why i have never heard of him, i think every country has its own carachters, we in Italy have Donald as a Superhero called Paperinik but i think he's only in Italy and not everywhere else in the world, is it right??

No, I agree it doesn't bother me either. To my mind it is not much different to putting Angel in the Stitch sequel or making Cars 2 which I understand was only created because the associated marketing is so important to Disney.

Well, at least he has a few fans here. That dress is so cute BTW! :love:

I didnt even know who that Angel character was till the weekend I just always assumed it was a female Stitch to appeal to the female audience!

Oh I agree that Pluto should still be in the parade - I thought that was terrible. Someone should call the RSPCA!

Pluto should be in the parade the moreI read/watch about the parade I am already disappointed! No Pluto No Belle!

My best friend and I have a bit of a "love-hate" relationship with Duffy! I absolutely adore the pantaloons off of him, whereas my best mate... she's not keen at all. She admits she doesn't get him, and as PPs have said, she just sees him as a marketing ploy!

I am inclined to agree with this, it seemed that Disney had everything apart from a teddy bear - teddies are universal, all kids love them, so why not make a Disney one 'ey?!

We both became aware of him, and met him, for the first time last year in WDW in Orlando! I fell in love :rotfl: :rotfl: I just love his whole story and I just love how cute he is?! I also agree, that he is pretty big in WDW. Did anyone see the story where they have had to limit how much Duffy merchandise each guest in WDW can now buy as he was getting so popular?!

Aw that really is heart melting!

Is it selfish of me to think oh good now I may not have to wait too long in the queue to meet him?!! ;) :goodvibes

Love the dress for Elsie, she will look adorable in it. :goodvibes

That's seriously cute but I so much prefer the original story (when Duffy was called the Disney Bear) of how Mickey took his teddy bear to MK and Tinker Bell sprinkled him with pixie dust making the Mickey shape on his face. We bought one at DTD at WDW where he was originally on sale (I'm sure there was even a character Disney bear wandering round the shop) but I don't think sales were as good as they'd hoped and so he was revamped as Duffy for Japan ..... and the rest as they say is history.

I'm looking forward to meeting him but I'll always think of him as the Disney Bear! :)

Aw the original story is lovely too!

No I am quietly pleased I wont have to queue to meet him as I'll be queuing for an hour to meet Mickey who we will see at Cafe Mickey and an hour to see a princess even though it might be one we have seen before or not interested in!

I'm one of the few that I know that love Duffy. I love his different themed costumes! If he isn't that popular, then that is one character I know I can get a picture with!

He seems to have a few fans here then! I love his costumes too I love the ones they have on the www.disneystore.com with my first visit, birthday bear and the different countries

I see, that's why i have never heard of him, i think every country has its own carachters, we in Italy have Donald as a Superhero called Paperinik but i think he's only in Italy and not everywhere else in the world, is it right??

I had heard of Paperinik but never seen it!

I looove Duffy.

I also really really hope WDW gets Shellie Mae before our next trip. As I need to get her too! £100+ on eBay so I'll have to be patient. :(

Of course it's a money maker. But it's adorable! And come on, this is Disney. Their main aim is to make money.

But when my money is getting me something this adorable I'm more than happy to part with it!

Duffy+&+Shellie+May.jpg

Sweet+Duffy+2010+-+Shellie+May+Costume.jpg

560752_169522499842770_101637313297956_232977_876896480_n.jpg

Duffy is VERY popular at Tokyo Disney! Many of the girls/women in the park (and some men) were carrying their Duffy (or many Duffys) with them around the park...and these were not new Duffys, but ones they had bought before and brought back to the park with them.

It is interesting how the popularity is so different in the various countries!

When we went, there was never a long queue for him. But the people that were there, really enjoyed their Duffy Bear hugs! :hug:

Olivia finds him incredibly cute, but also finds it weird that she doesn't "know" him like she does most of the others... she also started off by calling him Dudley Bear :lmao:

I hope he stays, as it's nice to see such a cute little fellow as soon as you walk into the parks! :thumbsup2

He's in Germany too, name is Phantomias. A lot of the Italian characters made it to Germany.

Duffy is VERY popular at Tokyo Disney! Many of the girls/women in the park (and some men) were carrying their Duffy (or many Duffys) with them around the park...and these were not new Duffys, but ones they had bought before and brought back to the park with them.

It is interesting how the popularity is so different in the various countries!

Our Duffy will come on every Disney trip with us now! :rotfl:

We love Duffy:love:. A cuddle from him is the BEST:grouphug:

Yes Yes it it :love: :hug::hug::hug:

When we went, there was never a long queue for him. But the people that were there, really enjoyed their Duffy Bear hugs! :hug:

Olivia finds him incredibly cute, but also finds it weird that she doesn't "know" him like she does most of the others... she also started off by calling him Dudley Bear :lmao:

I hope he stays, as it's nice to see such a cute little fellow as soon as you walk into the parks! :thumbsup2

Aw bless that is sweet!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter