Dues question

mom2elle

Mouseketeer
Hi - another annual dues question here. We just paid our dues bill for our two contracts last week. I had never looked into the monthly payment option before but would like to do that going forward (so we don’t have the big bill once/year). We just set up our account for monthly payments but so far, the payment amount shows as zero. I was assuming we would be pre-paying the dues that otherwise would need to be paid Jan 15, 2024 (and based on actual dues statement there might need to be a recalculation to adjust for higher or lower dues at the end). But am I not understanding the payment cycle? Are the monthly payments a way to spread out and pay “after the statement” is issued as opposed to a way to pre-pay? Or am I just impatient and my monthly payment will be visible soon?

You pay current dues monthly. So, I’d paid 2023 already, there is nothing due until next year.

You pay current dues monthly. So, I’d paid 2023 already, there is nothing due until next year.
Thank you! I don’t know why I assumed monthly would be to pre-pay!

So our annual dues that say we should pay by Jan 15, but are considered late after Feb 15, are actually possible to pay off monthly starting from Jan thru Dec? Is there any penalty or fee/interest charged to pay monthly? What would be the downside….?

So our annual dues that say we should pay by Jan 15, but are considered late after Feb 15, are actually possible to pay off monthly starting from Jan thru Dec? Is there any penalty or fee/interest charged to pay monthly? What would be the downside….?

No penalty and no fee. And, you can also pay it off early during the year if you want.

There’s actually no reason to not set up the monthly payments. Even if you plan to pay everything every January, it’ll spread out the payments. No interest. No fees. No late payments (unless you don’t pay that month). You can pay in full whenever you want.

If your monthly payment is $50 and you decide to do a partial payment of $150, they won’t charge you for the next three months. And the $50 monthly payment will resume after the three months have passed.

If you've set up monthly payments, and then decide to partial pay a month by credit or gift card, can you do that?

If you've set up monthly payments, and then decide to partial pay a month by credit or gift card, can you do that?

You can only pay the contract in full with CC if autopay is on.

You can do partial payments by GC. If you have more than one contract and want to pay that one in full, it will accept the CC.

You can only pay the contract in full with CC if autopay is on.

You can do partial payments by GC. If you have more than one contract and want to pay that one in full, it will accept the CC.
Aha! So this is where getting discounted Disney GCs through the year can come in handy (vs. holding on to all of them to pay in full for the next year)?

Aha! So this is where getting discounted Disney GCs through the year can come in handy (vs. holding on to all of them to pay in full for the next year)?
Yes. There's no benefit to holding on to them all year - once you've bought the GC, your money has gone to Disney, right? We buy electronic GCs, and once I receive them I apply them to our dues ASAP. We apply our Disney Visa Rewards dollars as well. We pay as much as we can each month, and once we've paid this year's dues we keep paying so that we'll have a credit balance for them to apply against next year's dues.

Yes. There's no benefit to holding on to them all year - once you've bought the GC, your money has gone to Disney, right? We buy electronic GCs, and once I receive them I apply them to our dues ASAP. We apply our Disney Visa Rewards dollars as well. We pay as much as we can each month, and once we've paid this year's dues we keep paying so that we'll have a credit balance for them to apply against next year's dues.
I've paid in full for this year. If I get any GCs I can just pay them towards my dues even though I don't have a balance, and they'll be applied to next year's dues?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter