Duct Tape?

COPancho

Earning My Ears
I noticed a mention of bringing duct tape! As first time cruisers, we're a bit clueless. Could someone enlighten us?

Lets see, ... luggage zippers break, a few turns of Duct Tape will hold it together, :badpc: repair clothing, patches holes, seals boxes, name tag, you get the idea, I don't travel with a whole roll, but I always have a couple of yards worth with me when I travel, cause when I need it :umbrella: I really can use it !

WOOOOOOOOWWWWW!
My husband is Not Going To Like You!!!!
That's one more thing that I NEED and that I Will Pack!
He'll say......Corryn, what the heck is this? Extension cord, suction cup hooks, and now Duct Tape?!?!

Last time out we found no use for the extension cord, didn't need suction cup hooks, or the travel iron ( we'll pay to have stuff presssed that needs it )but the over the door shoe thing, and an air freshener will be back in our room this time out again. As will my duct tape ( Hope I don't need any ). But an ounce of prevention... :goodvibes

That duct tape sure comes in handy to tie down the sliding closet doors and the flapping safe door in rocky seas!

jlowejd5 said:
And securing KTTW cards to wayward youths...

:earboy2:
I was thinking "securing" wayward youths to the stateroom wall when they broke curfew!!

Too funny! How about duct taping the doors to the Oceaneers Lab and Aloft after all the kids are inside.

No, seriously-we found the velcro on the closet doors to be pretty good but I agree in rough seas the hangers, vanity and desk drawers need a little tape. Also didn't use suction cups, irons or extension cord. I will leave them at home next time.

I bought red duct tape and marked all my bags with the red tape and it made it so easy for the porters. I just told them it was all the ones with red tape on top.

Also, it worked great for a hem that fell while on ship.

New cruiser, we do the same thing! We put a piece (about 8 inches long) of duct tape on each side of the luggage, plus front and back. That way we know which piece of luggage is ours at a glance. And when my beach bag broke at the port, I just repaired in on the spot!
I did use the suction hooks and would bring more next time. Forgot the extension, would have used it. Couldn't find a cheap over the door shoe thing on the day we left, would have used that too.

My goal this trip is try and travel lighter than I have in the past. Probably not really much chance of that, but no duct tape for me.

videogal1 said:
That duct tape sure comes in handy to tie down the sliding closet doors and the flapping safe door in rocky seas!

Can't you just close the safe door to keep it from flapping?

I didnt find the need for duct tape this trip, but I can see how it could be handy on occassion. What I did love what the overdoor shoe hanger, and what I needed was some string or a bungie cord to keep connecting room doors open. Never could figure out a good way to keep them from slamming shut all the time.

I know what you mean about travelling lite-I always have good intentions. I even go so far as to pack and then take 1/2 back out but some how that luggage keeps getting filled before I leave (even take an extra empty bag for the stuff I end up bringing home). Don't know if the going or the coming is worse-seems like I always pack everything including the kitchen sink!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter