• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dual Screen Portable DVD Player

eeyorethegreat

DIS Veteran
I did a search on this question but found older dated posts so I wanted to get some fresh input.

Before our trip last year I bought an RCA dual screen dvd player (poratable) with game pad. The game pad never worked and the dvd player quit on our drive back from the world 10 minutes into the trip. (think 7 people including 4 kinds in a mini van driving from WDW to Maine!). Needless to say I was not pleased with the quality of this product.

What are your reccomendations for a DUAL SCREEN portable dvd player? It needs to be reasonably priced and duarable. Thanks!!

Have you thought about having one installed in your van? Mine was done by circuit city and it was around $400 installed.

We are thinking of trading our vehicle (we have a Dodge Caravan which is starting to have repeated issues), so perhaps installing one in whatever we get but I thought a portable one might make mopre sense right now. It is a good idea though!

I posted this in another thread:

We were at a car show looking at minivans and the rep told us NEVER to get a factory insalled DVD player. He said they were cheap quality and way overpriced. He suggested getting portable ones as they would be better, cheaper and more convenient. I almost bought the van right there because he was so honest.

I posted this in another thread:

We were at a car show looking at minivans and the rep told us NEVER to get a factory insalled DVD player. He said they were cheap quality and way overpriced. He suggested getting portable ones as they would be better, cheaper and more convenient. I almost bought the van right there because he was so honest.

I had a factory installed one for 4 years with out a single problem(the car was another story:scared1: ) I've had the aftermarket installed one for almost a year no trouble.
OP I feel your pain with the caravan I couldn't find dual screens myself but each of my kids does have a portable one that we bought while in between vans. They are audiovox with the screen in front of the player so they don't flip open, can stap on the headrest and were $89 a piece from Target.

Am I allowed to use manufacturer names? Do not get Audiovox! Bought one of their dual screen versions 3 years ago. One of the screens never worked. I tried calling and calling and calling customer service for 4 months! After two weeks of not getting anyone I kept a log of the phonecalls I made. When I finally got a hold of someone she told me it was too late I was outside the 90 day warranty. :eek: But I started calling before the 90 day warranty was up, how is it my fault you can't answer the phone or return messages! I talked to supervisor after supervisor and got nothing. Then 3 months after that whole incident the other screen quit working. I threw it away, a replacement screen was $20 shy of what I paid for the whole thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter