DU rebate good offer?

Luv2trav

DIS Veteran
DVC Silver
I am just curious if we should book now with the rebates DU is offering? Do they usually offering these a couple times a year? We are not in the position to put a down payment down right now but if it's a one time savings then I would be willing to do it...

Sorry I am new to cruising!

Sorry I can't offer you any advise, but I had a similar question that I needed answered. Hope you don't mind me joining your thread & maybe we can get both of our questions answered.:D
Here is my situation:
We have booked a Sept 19th cruise thru Sam's Club Travel. The best price I found for our particular cruise was thru Discount4Cruises, but the TA at Sam's Club was able to meet & beat D4C's price. We have only given the minimum deposit with balance due next month. I was wondering if it would be worth it to transfer my ressie to DU to get the rebate & shipboard credit. How would that affect the TA at Sam's Club? She went out of her way to get us the best/lowest price. Anyone got any advice for me? :confused: Thanks!

They probably will have more offers like the current one, but the closer to the date you want and the more the ship fills up the higher the rates are, so you might end up paying more by waiting.

Pacha

Originally posted by Krystina'sMommy
Sorry I can't offer you any advise, but I had a similar question that I needed answered. Hope you don't mind me joining your thread & maybe we can get both of our questions answered.:D
Here is my situation:
We have booked a Sept 19th cruise thru Sam's Club Travel. The best price I found for our particular cruise was thru Discount4Cruises, but the TA at Sam's Club was able to meet & beat D4C's price. We have only given the minimum deposit with balance due next month. I was wondering if it would be worth it to transfer my ressie to DU to get the rebate & shipboard credit. How would that affect the TA at Sam's Club? She went out of her way to get us the best/lowest price. Anyone got any advice for me? :confused: Thanks!
I was told you usually cannot transfer from one TA to another ... you'd have to cancel with Sam's Club and rebook a brand new ressie with DU ... if the pricing hasn't changed it might be worth it ... but if the prices have increased it may not be worth it even after discounts & rebates.

If Sams Club agrees, I think you can have your reservation transfered back to DCL. You would then have it transfered to DU.

The trick, however, is getting Sams to send it back to DCL, since they do not get any commissions. Maybe you can ask them to accept a fee for their time directly from you and then have it released. Even if you pay $100, you will probably make it up from DU's offer. I would call DU and ask if the discount applies to laready made reservations that can be transfered to DU.

Just a thought.

I would go ahead and put in a request to DU and see what price they quote. In the meantime you can check other prices. You don't have to give DU a deposit until you accept the quote (usually a few days) and if you don't like it you can just ignore it and nothing is lost!

I haven't paid much attention to the DU offers since I have two existing reservations with them and not looking for another at this time. Aren't they offering both on board credit plus their usual rebate? If so, make sure you take into account the onboard credit will be available for charges while sailing, and the rebate reduces the cost of the cruise itself before sailing. Not sure if they are offering both.

Regarding DU, we have been vey satisfied with their pricing and service. I'm sure you can get better prices at times other places, but for a new cruiser, its nice to know they are experts on Disney cruises if you need specific help. Some of the cutrates are lost when it comes to specific help.

Read the offer carefully. If you have an existing reservation, you CAN NOT get the current shipboard being offed by DCL. It is in the fine print. THe DCL offer is for new bookings only, DU rebates a portion of the comission back to you, depending on the price of the cruise, the amount varies. For example, I have booked for the CA/FL return PC Cruise, my fare was $2475, DU rebated me $75 of that. No extra shipboard credit on this cruise, anyway. I don't think hopping from one TA to another is good manners, but I suppose it can be done, I do think you would have to get your reservation transfered back to DCL and then transfered to the next TA. A lot of trouble, and if there is a mistake along the way and your reservation gets deleted in error, you will have a huge fight trying to get the same rate, etc.

Originally posted by mickeyfan1
Read the offer carefully. If you have an existing reservation, you CAN NOT get the current shipboard being offed by DCL.

Sorry, guess I forgot to read the "fine print". Thanks for pointing that out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter