DTW express trams

Letsbgoofy

DIS Veteran
What exactly are the express trams in Detriot? Do they run underground? I've never seen a tram that runs from one end of a concourse to the other, so I can't picture what it would be like.

When you see the length of the terminal you will understand the need for the tram, it is one long bldg.
I had a connecting flight thru there recently with about an hour layover and didn't know about the tram, and I swear it was like a half hour walk from gate to gate, thankfully they did have the moving walkways also.

The tram makes DTW very easy to connect in. You could come in at gate 1 and your connection could be at gate 78. Just hop the tram down. There are stations on both ends and in the middle.

Thanks to all for all the information. I am on a Delta commuter flight (small jet)- it looks like they all land in C concourse lower level? Or am I reading the airport map wrong?

Thanks to all for all the information. I am on a Delta commuter flight (small jet)- it looks like they all land in C concourse lower level? Or am I reading the airport map wrong?

Yes, most RJ's arrive at B or C. If you have to go between a regular jet and an RJ, it will take more time. You have to go down through a tunnel to cross under the tarmac and back up. Interesting tunnel, music plays and colors flash.......

A tunnel to concourse A? I saw video if that's what you mean. Are B & C only regional jets?

Yes. To go between A and B/C, you have to go underground. As far as I know, B and C are just regionals and props. There are some regional jets on A, when we connected in the late evening on 10/29, our CRJ was on A.

Thanks again. I hate going through unfamiliar airports and this really helps. I have a little over 2 hours for my layover, but I like to be prepared anyway. Weird lights and music - I thought people had added that to the Youtube video and wondered why they would do that.

Thanks again. I hate going through unfamiliar airports and this really helps. I have a little over 2 hours for my layover, but I like to be prepared anyway. Weird lights and music - I thought people had added that to the Youtube video and wondered why they would do that.

With 2 hours, you have plenty of time. Even an hour would be plenty.

Why the lights and music? I guess to make the tunnel a little interesting...:confused3

I am wondering whether to take a layover in DTW or ATL from Minneapolis, MN. I have had awful experiences in Atlanta so I am leaning towards Detroit. So how does one get onto the tram at Detroit? I am handicapped and use a walker.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter